Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Surron or ebike to carry tools?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  FranckeyGloom 
#1 ·
For 90% and the work I do I use these 2 tools:
  • Rogue 70HR
  • 69 in. Post Hole Digger and Tamping Bar (16lbs).
These arent awful to carry over shoulder, but climbing in and out of trail can get tiring.

Wondering if anyone is using an eBike (or Surron) with mods to carry trail building tools?

#2 ·
For 90% and the work I do I use these 2 tools:
  • Rogue 70HR
  • 69 in. Post Hole Digger and Tamping Bar (16lbs).
These arent awful to carry over shoulder, but climbing in and out of trail can get tiring.

Wondering if anyone is using an eBike (or Surron) with mods to carry trail building tools?
How far are you riding? If I just take one or two tools I have a fatty with a basic commuter rack on the back. Point the handles out the front, put one strap on the headtube, one strap on the toptube and one strap on the rack.

#5 ·
I've been thinking about this too, but I don't think the perfect bike exists yet. The closest I've seen is this (non E-bike) Salsa Blackborow that another local trailbuilder has. If Salsa made an E version of this it would be perfect. The long wheelbase makes it much easier to carry tools without interfering.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

I normally just hike around with the Evoc trail builder pack and carry some tools. But often it would be nice to cover more trails in less time by riding around instead. But riding around with 30-50 lbs of tools in hilly terrain doesn't sound too fun either without some assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.