Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there's anyone out there who fancies a 16km ride through the surrey hills tomorrow morning, pop along. It takes in Leith & Holmbury Hills and will be my first ride since I moved down this way.

It's officially and Evans Ride but I thought what the hell, there's a few Nic' riders in this part of the world.

The meeting point is off Walking Bottom :D at 10:30am

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi guys how did the ride go?

I ended up going out in the afternoon that day and met up with one or two people who had been part of that ride at some point during the day.

Maybe we could arrange something for the weekend after Easter. I will be out at some point on that weekend.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was ok to be fair, some nice views and a cracking bit of single track at the bottom of Holmbury Hill.

Saw two guys on AM's at the top of Holmbury Hill, a black one with red accents and another one. Didn't say anything though as they were deep in conversation.

I'm back in Cheshire until the 3rd may so can't really do much darn sarf

·
Registered
898 Posts
Steve - sounds like you didn't get to see even a fraction of the best bits that the area has to offer.

I am thinking that the single track you reference on Holmbury Hill was Barry Knows Best? If so then that's probably a 5 out of 10 track for the area, whereas there is quite a lot that is 8 out of 10 or better.

Whereabouts in Cheshire are you? I'm from there myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts