Registered
340 Posts
Here's what BikeMan says:

Rating: Not yet rated
Surly Mr. Whirly Single Speed Crankset, 180mm 33t 68&73mm BB Black
Code: CR0037
Quantity in Basket: 0
Price: $253.95

Surly Mr. Whirly Single Speed Crankset: 180mm, 33t, 68&73mm BB, Black. Innovative new crank design from the folks at Surly that uses interchangeable external BB spindles and chainring spiders. Allows swtiching between 68/73mm and 100mm BB shells. Interchangable spiders allow switching between 110mm 5-bolt, 94mm 5-bolt and 104mm 4-bolt chainring patterns. The first external BB crank that gives you the ultimate flexibilty in drivetrain setup. Additional spindles and spiders available seperately. Uses Shimano external BB cups (included). Complete crankset, assembled. Comes with spindle and bearings. Forged and machined 7075 aluminum. Nine-speed compatible, MTB chainline.

Available Soon

·
Registered
361 Posts
They will indeed be available in the summer and they will indeed come in 180mm length. We are due to recieve production samples of these in the next week, some to test and some to ride. I am certainly looking forward to riding the 180's and playing with the many different gearing options as well as 100mm v. 68/73mm bottom bracket shell options.

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
Liked them at Interbike...

JMKM said:
They will indeed be available in the summer and they will indeed come in 180mm length. We are due to recieve production samples of these in the next week, some to test and some to ride. I am certainly looking forward to riding the 180's and playing with the many different gearing options as well as 100mm v. 68/73mm bottom bracket shell options.
I saw these at Interbike and was inpressed with the sample.:thumbsup: They looked like a good alternative to others currently on the market. I'm looking forward to the production version.

·
recognize the slowness
483 Posts
need any testers??

If you need a wide variety of info (which any good demographic does) I am a clyde and I sure would be willing to try them out and give a full writeup...:D

never hurts to offer...

·
Front Range Cyclist
944 Posts
I hate to get picky but I'd LOVE it if they made these in 177.5 arms. I have 177.5 XTR's right now but wouldn't mind going to the Surly's as mine are a bit old and well the Surly crew is just good sh*t. Anyone have pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.