Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really seeing it spelled out on the website. Older Troll forks were suspension corrected, newer ones are not. Other than that, spacing the same?

I'm looking at moving parts over from an old frame to a new one, and one issue I'd like to get sorted is whether my front wheels can move over without modification. One is standard, 5mm quick-release skewer. One is 100x15mm thru-axle with a 5mm quick-release adapter.

Somewhere in my head I had the thought that newer Trolls had a different standard than normal 100mm QR-skewers, but it looks like maybe I made that up.

Although I am seeing mention of the forks having an offset, which I don't remember being the case with my older fork, so now I'm wondering if I have to rebuild these wheels anyway. Not sure, I've not yet had to deal with off-set frames/forks.

So am I missing anything? No suspension correction, offset, and I think an extra set of bottle mounts on each fork blade.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Further research shows that I'm interpreting "offset" wrong. I was thinking about how some fat bike rims were offset from the hub to facilitate chain clearance, but in the front fork, not about the rim/hub, it's about axle placement in relation to the steerer tube. Nothing to do with the wheel build, so I think my wheels will be fine in a new fork.

Lip Cheek People Hairstyle Skin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.