Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...are up on the Surly website. Anyone know the prices? The LHT looks like it's spec'd pretty well. The Cross Check is also still available complete.

I have a Cross Check which I love. It's set up with a flat bar and 1x9 drivetrain. I'm seriously considering putting together another one with drop bars to use as a road bike/country bike. I like the clearance for 32s with fenders. The LHT is also intriguing but I think the lower BB height could be problematic if you were pedaling through corners.

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
dfltroll said:
...are up on the Surly website. Anyone know the prices? The LHT looks like it's spec'd pretty well. The Cross Check is also still available complete.

I have a Cross Check which I love. It's set up with a flat bar and 1x9 drivetrain. I'm seriously considering putting together another one with drop bars to use as a road bike/country bike. I like the clearance for 32s with fenders. The LHT is also intriguing but I think the lower BB height could be problematic if you were pedaling through corners.
I have a LHT and I have no issue pedaling through corners because I really don't lean that far due to lack of speed but when I do hit a corner fast I lean(doing the A-frame stance) far but I don't pedal but once I exit the corner I start hammering.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm with you pigtire,

I have had my Trucker now for about a month and am wondering what all of these people are doing to cause this pedal strike. :confused:

But I am coming from an Italian race bike that had a lower BB than the Trucker does. I was always taught to coast through the corner with the inside leg on top. Oh well.

Sometime next year I will have to pick up that steamroller. But I can't believe they didn't put bullhorns on it. Those bars they have are hideous.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear that the pedal strike hasn't been an issue. I think it's just something to be aware of if you one has the eye of the tiger while descending.

I'm really leaning towards just getting one of these complete sometime soon. It is spec'd well. Since the frame itself is so sturdy parts could be replaced as needed, or as finances permit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
tl1 said:
Wow, LHT looks pretty sweet
...for the money. :thumbsup:
I don't think the picture matches the description much.
Surly LHT
For instance, the stem and seat post are listed as silver, it does not list fenders and the saddle is not a Brooks.
It still looks to be a good value similar to the Cross Check.

Craig

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
CBBaron said:
I don't think the picture matches the description much.
Surly LHT
For instance, the stem and seat post are listed as silver, it does not list fenders and the saddle is not a Brooks.
It still looks to be a good value similar to the Cross Check.

Craig
Looks like you're right. That was the picture Surly had up at their website earlier today but not anymore. This one is up there now.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.