Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This thing totally disappeared. Anyone know anything? I'm assuming it's a COVID causality - this is a hard time to introduce a new model, and Surly has historically always struggled with stock, even in normal times.
I need a new frame, so I went on a recent Google hunt and could only find this thread and the posts on Reddit. I had assumed that it might be seen at Frost Bike, but that was virtual. I assume that it's on the backburner right now, with the company focus being on what is possible to put out this year.

Podcasts have been helpful in staying in touch with the bike industry recently--out of geeky interest really--and basically everyone's saying that innovation and progress are currently on ice, as everyone scrambles to get whatever they can onto the market and enjoys a good old moan about the scarcity of ass-assassin stock saddles.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah, I zoomed in on the pics in that article. It is badged as a Surly. It has graphic on the seat tube like the other new Surlys. The rear stays look similar to the shape of the MS but with a more pronounced bend. Looks like it has the same through axle design. Looks like the wheels are the same size. The article says the trail is best suited for a 29er rigid, so assuming it is a 29er. Super tall headtube as seen in the pic above.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Awesome! Looks like a a dedicated dirt brother to the MS. Super tall headtube is great news for dirt drop riding.

Also - looks like a a 30.9 seatpost for real dropper compatibility. Maybe a MS crossed with a KM or a Krampus... hopefully a Krampus.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts