Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so far I've gotten a lot of good ideas from everyone concerning my "pain" when biking.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=90708

I've been out riding a few more times and I have new thoughts. Once I get cruising my hands and wrists are comfortable when I'm griping the flat part of the Salsa Moto Ace Bell Lap bar. However, when I am biking slower or I am in need of braking, putting my hands on the Shimano Aero levers are uncomfortable at all times. Too much pressure is being placed between my thumb and index finger.

Does anyone manufacture an aero lever where my whole hand would be able to rest on it? I've been looking at the Cane Creek SCR-5 levers but I'm not sure if that's how they are designed.

I also have been experimenting with my body position. I think it may also be more comfortable for me if I was a little more upright. I could do this by installing a Salsa Moto Ace Road Stem with a 15 or 25 degree rise.

I'll try one thing at a time but I'd also like to hear what anyone else has to say about any of this.

Attachments

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts
Sid6.7 said:
OK, so far I've gotten a lot of good ideas from everyone concerning my "pain" when biking.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=90708

I've been out riding a few more times and I have new thoughts. Once I get cruising my hands and wrists are comfortable when I'm griping the flat part of the Salsa Moto Ace Bell Lap bar. However, when I am biking slower or I am in need of braking, putting my hands on the Shimano Aero levers are uncomfortable at all times. Too much pressure is being placed between my thumb and index finger.

Does anyone manufacture an aero lever where my whole hand would be able to rest on it? I've been looking at the Cane Creek SCR-5 levers but I'm not sure if that's how they are designed.

I also have been experimenting with my body position. I think it may also be more comfortable for me if I was a little more upright. I could do this by installing a Salsa Moto Ace Road Stem with a 15 or 25 degree rise.

I'll try one thing at a time but I'd also like to hear what anyone else has to say about any of this.
Hey, I think you are moving in the right direction considering the Cane Creek levers. I just read this on the Rivendell website. Check it out!

http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/brakes/15123.html

I think they might be hard to find though. If you find some or know where to get them, please PM me and let me know. Good luck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think kogswell sells them on ebay for a decent price also

f--- rivendell prices

you're right about the stem thing... if you reduce the saddle to bar drop, you may not even need to replace levers. also, try either tilting your bars back or moving the brake levers up so that the bar->brake hood area is flatter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.