Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...coming soon, I guess? 16-22 tooth. Picture taken from QBP website. Appears to be a fairly wide base?

Attachments

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
The base size seems to be very similar to the King. The older Spot cogs had a narrow base, just like the Novatech's. So far the cog with the widest base that I've seen is the Boone.

What's the MSRP on that baby?

·
Registered
266 Posts
How Soon?

donkey said:
...coming soon,
They give any estimate of how soon? It would be great to have a 22 tooth option going into SM100 in a couple of weeks. But I imagine that's nothing but wishful thinking!

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Answers...

...unfortunately the site can only be accessed with a dealer password.

As far as the estimated arrival time...no word, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd say probably around interbike time, which is early october.

B

·
Registered
236 Posts
As far as how soon, Quality told me they were supposed to be in the week before 24-9. I haven't checked back, but if they're on schedule, they should have them now.

As far as price goes, I would guess most will sell them for $30-35.

YO MAMA sez Surly cogs are sweet

·
Registered
323 Posts
CoOl

donkey said:
...coming soon, I guess? 16-22 tooth. Picture taken from QBP website. Appears to be a fairly wide base?
Just ckecked them out myself...those are nice. But I'm seeing 13-22 tooth. Awesome!!! Do you know long they've been up on the site...I guess I haven't been to the cassette cog section in a while. Think I'll have to snag a 15t when they're in...

·
WAWE
1,435 Posts
Not quite the blingage of a Boone or King but great to see another wide-base cog... I need to order a stainless Salsa ring for myself.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Let's stock up on 22s, 19s and 17's! I managed to misplace my King 17t. The chainrings are said to be in stock as well, imagine that, steel cog, steel ring, steel chain, just like in the old days when a setup lasted for years. With unlimited options in cogs, I might get a double gear setup for my Karate Monkey, like 34-17 for offroad and 36-15 for road, without much need to adjust the tensioners.

·
Registered
478 Posts
donkey said:
Sweet! Now my only question is Hugi or King (any other options)?

dd..''

·
Registered
148 Posts
dodjy said:
Are the Hadley's available? If so, what are the reviews like?

dd..''
yup.

glowing.

Ti bits, 108 point engagement, very very sturdy construction.

I'd have one on my bike were i less poor (and capable of running a rear disc.)

·
Registered
478 Posts
a nice cake said:
yup.

glowing.

Ti bits, 108 point engagement, very very sturdy construction.

I'd have one on my bike where i less profoundly poor (and capable of running a rear disc)
Disc only? How much?

Thanks for the info.

dd..''

·
Registered
148 Posts
Webcyclery has them for $310, but others have them for $280.

It could be run with rim brakes I'm sure, but it's not an imperative for me....although I suppose I could get one and run it fixed with a boone disc cog...
I just picked up a built king classic wheel for less than 2/3 of what the hub retails for though....so that's all wishful thinking.

·
Registered
478 Posts
a nice cake said:
Webcyclery has them for $310, but others have them for $280.

It could be run with rim brakes I'm sure, but it's not an imperative for me....although I suppose I could get one and run it fixed with a boone disc cog...
I just picked up a built king classic wheel for less than 2/3 of what the hub retails for though....so that's all wishful thinking.
Thanks again for the UNIQUELY posted Hadley info that was not present in either post #3 or #7. :D

***As an aside from the current topic, the tree diagram at the top of each page (in Hybrid Mode) is often useful for determining the context of a given conversation.***

dd..''

·
Registered
148 Posts
It has a distinct and audible noise, but not in the same sense as the king.
King's engagement sounds like angry bees in a tin cup, Hadley's is more like a rapidly spinning revolver cylinder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts