Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Surly 1x1 that is for sale around me and want to see if it is worth it. I looked at the bike and it is flawlewss (never on a trail). It was built up as a beach cruiser with whitewalls on it . But being able to look through all that it looks sweet and may be a good buy

What would you pay for it?
I am 5’11” do you think that it is the right size?
Pro’s or con’s to this bike/ build?

Surly 1x1 18” Frame (Medium)- Cash Black
• Paul USA Hubs
• Sunrims Rhyno Lite Wheels
• Thomson Stem
• Thomson Seat Post
• Marzacchi MX Pro 80mm Fork
• Race Face Handle bar
• Avid BB5 Brakes
• Hope Headset
• Surly Tug Nut
• Shimano Hone Cranks
• FSA Bashguard

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was just going by the fact he said it was a cruiser and not trail ridden, I can't imagine much depreciation. I agree I have seen some pretty good deals on 1x1's online as well. paul, hope, and thomson are pretty decent parts and you'd be hard pressed to build one for $500...if it has what you want.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
western high plains said:
Yeah, ok parts but bikes depreciate and SS are among the worst. Just check ebay or your local craigslist. 1x1s with XTR and Chris King can sometimes be had for less.

Just my $.02
Wow- I wish I lived where you live. Bikes in good shape usually only depreciate about 50% around here. This kind of build would probably go for around $700 locally if its as clean as it sounds (the wheelset alone would retail around $420 hand-built, 1x1 frame ~400)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy wants $700...

Is that a fir price. The form was never used and all the componenets are new. I know this build would be around $1700 to build up so.... i guess it is worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.