Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Surly 1x1 that is for sale around me and want to see if it is worth it. I looked at the bike and it is flawlewss (never on a trail). It was built up as a beach cruiser with whitewalls on it:nono: . But being able to look through all that it looks sweet and may be a good buy

What would you pay for it?
I am 5’11” do you think that it is the right size?
Pro’s or con’s to this bike/ build?

Surly 1x1 18” Frame (Medium)- Cash Black
• Paul USA Hubs
• Sunrims Rhyno Lite Wheels
• Thomson Stem
• Thomson Seat Post
• Marzacchi MX Pro 80mm Fork
• Race Face Handle bar
• Avid BB5 Brakes
• Hope Headset
• Surly Tug Nut
• Shimano Hone Cranks
• FSA Bashguard

Thanks in advance

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Yea, sure.....:confused:

How much are they asking?

·
Registered
61 Posts
currently building a 1x1 and i have more than 725 in it and your 1x1 seems to have better specs than mine. you couldn't build the same bike again for that price so if it is in as good of shape as it seems i'd go for it. may 1x1's rule the world.:madmax:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Add up the total market price for each component and then multiply the total by .6. This should give you a good indication of the price.

I bought a rigid 1x1 a couple years ago that was nearly brand new for $800. It had White Industries cranks, freewheel and hubs, Salsa Gordo Rims, Thomson seatpost and stem, azonic doublewall risers, avid ultimate levers and v-brakes, s-3 headset, wtb rocket v saddle. it was pretty pristine and all of those components were top notch.

I'd offer $675, no more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.