Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
short timer
173 Posts
Thanks for the replies ! I did search google ( the missing word "orange" was the key) looks like the 18" frames are not available... at the sale price... thanks again for taking the time to look and post... have a Happy New Year :D

·
Bike Fiend
146 Posts
I haven't had any issues. Sure it takes some extra time/steps but I bet it isn't any harder (and maybe a little easier) than removing a wheel from a Pugsley or Karate Monkey that has a derailleur.

I pull out the skewer, pop out the chaintug/derailleur, which gives enough chain slack to easily slide the wheel out. Reverse steps to install wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Someone sold a built up 1x1 on eBay a last year (I saved the .jpgs somewhere, will look for them), it was set up with front and rear derailleurs and the cables were run conventionally - a problem solver on the downtube, a cable guide under the BB, a cable stop before the rear derailleur and Fire Eye chain tugs.

I liked the look and didn’t give a thought to doing it any other way. I'll post the pics when I find them, it was a good looking bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.