Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new bike about 2 and 1/2 months ago and I would like some advice on the suspension set up. I have read the recomended settings for the fork and the rear suspension and used them as a starting point, but I have ended up deviating from the recomended specifications. The last couple of weeks I have left the adjustments alone and these are the numbers I am using.

I weigh 195lbs.

Fork is a Lyrick 2-step, I am running 115 psi, (which is recomended for my weight0
Rebound is set about middle of the road.
High speed compression is set at 10 clicks out from slow.
Low speed compression is set at 12 clicks out from slow.
Lockout is set about 1 1/2 turns from soft.

Suspension-Fox Float RP23xv
190 psi, (175 psi is what is recomended for my weight, but when I had it set there there was about 50% sag)
Rebound is about middle of the road
Pro-pedal is set at number 2, sometimes i move it to number 1, but have never set it at #3.

Any suggestions? Am I missing out on something cuz of these settings, or is it just a personal preference.
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Frankinnj said:
I bought a new bike about 2 and 1/2 months ago and I would like some advice on the suspension set up. I have read the recomended settings for the fork and the rear suspension and used them as a starting point, but I have ended up deviating from the recomended specifications. The last couple of weeks I have left the adjustments alone and these are the numbers I am using.

I weigh 195lbs.

Fork is a Lyrick 2-step, I am running 115 psi, (which is recomended for my weight0
Rebound is set about middle of the road.
High speed compression is set at 10 clicks out from slow.
Low speed compression is set at 12 clicks out from slow.
Lockout is set about 1 1/2 turns from soft.

Suspension-Fox Float RP23xv
190 psi, (175 psi is what is recomended for my weight, but when I had it set there there was about 50% sag)
Rebound is about middle of the road
Pro-pedal is set at number 2, sometimes i move it to number 1, but have never set it at #3.

Any suggestions? Am I missing out on something cuz of these settings, or is it just a personal preference.
Thanks,
Frank
What bike?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me slow or soft means if I am sitting on the bike I have the knob turned all the way to the left or counter clock wise. For example if I am going to set the high speed compression I will turn the know all the way to the left until it can't go anymore and then I turn it 10 clicks to my right or clock wise to make the the compression harder. The only difference is the rebound which on my fork is on the bottom of the fork and works opposite, but I have my rebound set about mid way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.