Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reseller, who was expecting my clear fram 3 weeks ago, has still not received it. Latest, he told me Ibis would send it this monday, but also tells me that when he's calling, nobody's answered so far.

Is there any delay/problem with the clear frame supplies at this point?

Thanks for your info, I'm dying to receive my frame!:madman:

·
Registered
114 Posts
+1

bump!

Hans, I'm in the same boat... though I've only been waiting 2 weeks now, it's already taken a week longer than my LBS quoted me... I realize this is nothing in comparison to people waiting for their SL's, but I'm still dying to receive it... I sent you a PM with more details, any info you have on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clarification

In my case, it's basically about an Ebay transaction which definitely loooks like I've been f*cked... I can't say for sure until the dispute is settled but it definitely looks like it.

Case: Mojo, new, for Sale. Seller with 100+ positive feedback, incl. on Mojos in roughly the same config. Guys says he buys the frames, builds them up and sells them.

So I buy a frame, a fork and a crankset. Price OK, not so cheap for the package, just OK (2750 USD). Then I buy the rest of the components (HK, UK, aso).

Everything has now been delivered except for the frame, fork and cranks... Too many delays have been announced by the ebay dealer, and I finally posted here.

If you guys have info on how to get my cash back, don't hesitate! (It's not like I'm a loaded rockstar,..) I had saved the money for the bike and I now end up with basically a sh*tload of components but no bike and 2750 USD for nothing. Paid with Visa through Paypal.

Cheers

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
mordor said:
Have you looked at the buyer protection program with paypal, section 13 on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside
Ebay/Paypal Buyer-Protection covers only $200. I had to collect on it one time. In the end the seller did sent the fork a couple months late. Then it was a pain to get PayPal to accept my refund of the $200 back, maybe I should have kept the money, but two wrongs, etc…. Ebay is a risk!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ibis Mojo Ebay experience

:nono: Be careful of Brownbear3333 on Ebay I just received my Ibis mojo and the frame is cracked..sent pics to ibis they said its toast. He also neglected to tell me it was an 07 when he posted it as an 08 and it was a demo bike that was not conveyed anywhere. So i now have a destroyed 07 demo mojo.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mordor said:
Have you looked at the buyer protection program with paypal, section 13 on the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside
Thanks, I checked it. I think I might earn my money back by writing a bestseller: "eBay & Paypal for Dummies: How not to get f*ucked" :skep:

One of the mistakes I did was to buy the stuff on the side of eBay, ie contacting the seller through eBay, but finalizing the deal without having him post the items on eBay. In that case, Paypal only "pays back" what they can get from the Seller's account. So if he's a crook, he'll have emptied his account prior to that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hanssc said:
Last week was the week of scams online. It took a bunch of our time, but we've gotten the authorities after them and some of the listings are down now.

There are no authorised sellers online or ebay other than the ones on our dealer list.

Take care,

Hans
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
elmaco said:
Thanks, I checked it. I think I might earn my money back by writing a bestseller: "eBay & Paypal for Dummies: How not to get f*ucked" :skep:

One of the mistakes I did was to buy the stuff on the side of eBay, ie contacting the seller through eBay, but finalizing the deal without having him post the items on eBay. In that case, Paypal only "pays back" what they can get from the Seller's account. So if he's a crook, he'll have emptied his account prior to that.
Paid with Visa? Ahhh good ol Visa. File a complaint with Visa and you should get your money back no problem. Paypal is a joke with their protection yet they charge the same fee as Visa. You should be able to do everything online.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
All's well that ends well...

So! It turns out I got my money back! Good thing! Big "thanks" to Hans who helped a lot with this!

Bad thing? I have to wait to get my frame until August (hopefully), which is basically the beginning of winter here in Sweden :madman:

But hey! I'm pretty sure it's worth it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats nice to hear elmaco that you got your money back. Waiting is always a bummer, but the mojo is a brilliant bike (imo) and worth the wait. Where in sweden are you, as here in Copenhagen, DK winter doesn't really start until november, so I have a few more months of riding outdoors before hibernation :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
So! It turns out I got my money back! Good thing! Big "thanks" to Hans who helped a lot with this!

Bad thing? I have to wait to get my frame until August (hopefully), which is basically the beginning of winter here in Sweden

But hey! I'm pretty sure it's worth it!
We suspect that it is a warrantied frame that we replaced and it should have been returned to us. We'll work on it Monday, all is not lost
Hans
Now that's another take on amazing CS. This is certainly above and beyond. You won't find any other bike company that would do the above things for you. I mean none of them.....
No brag, just fact.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.