Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Easier said than done when hospitals are overwhelmed and no one knows what's going on! Also 2% of the world's population is 140,000,000 people. Is that an acceptable price to make sure rich people in the US and Europe can ride a new bike they probably don't actually need?
As well, a 2% death rate does not take into account the long haulers who continue to experience debilitating effects long after they test negative.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hopefully things start to get better soon. Ports were just ordered to go 24/7. Problem is there's a lack of Drivers and Trailers that the Containers sit/ride on.
There is an expected 1 MILLION more Containers trying to get forced into America before the holiday season and years end setting another record for Imports.

On the flip-side, there is a lack of returning freight to the Pacific Rim due to Trade/Tariff war. This issue is also causing delays in producers filling orders as they all fight each other for Containers....

First world problems ya know!?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Because I work for a manufacture, I see the supply chain issues, or at least what corp shares with us in sales. Here's the thing I think most people forget, every single manufacture has had some sort of delay or set back. We've had issues getting cardboard boxes. You guys know of any company that doesn't ship stuff in cardboard? Shipping is way behind. I'll track orders for customers and they'll sit on a dock for 3 days before moving. The last report I saw was there were 4 truck loads to every driver in the US, on average. Texas was at 8:1, and California 10:1.

Purely made up, but this is the issue for everything right now...
Its a compounding issue, when the card board company can't get boxes to Shimano, so Shimano can't get parts to Yeti, Yeti can't call it a Tribe (I had to stick that in there), and they can't get boxes or fast reliable shipping to send the dealer your bike.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Funemployment ended over labor day weekend and shortly before that so did the moratorium on rent payment and evictions in most parts of the country with others expiring later this month. Hang tight...people will be filling jobs soon.

I still maintain that people are exploiting covid as an excuse.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Because I work for a manufacture, I see the supply chain issues, or at least what corp shares with us in sales. Here's the thing I think most people forget, every single manufacture has had some sort of delay or set back. We've had issues getting cardboard boxes. You guys know of any company that doesn't ship stuff in cardboard? Shipping is way behind. I'll track orders for customers and they'll sit on a dock for 3 days before moving. The last report I saw was there were 4 truck loads to every driver in the US, on average. Texas was at 8:1, and California 10:1.

Purely made up, but this is the issue for everything right now...
Its a compounding issue, when the card board company can't get boxes to Shimano, so Shimano can't get parts to Yeti, Yeti can't call it a Tribe (I had to stick that in there), and they can't get boxes or fast reliable shipping to send the dealer your bike.
-There's also a pretty big shortage of Pallets to put said boxes on for shipping. (y)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wife got me started thinking. She is pissed about "the supply chain" issue.
I see no articles or news reports about the supply chain issue. This issue is supposedly a big deal everywhere.

Many people waiting on parts, cars, trucks, etc. because of the "supply chain".
-can't blame USPS for vehicle deliveries.

The got to delay reason for car delay a lack of chips. Not buying that excuse as my daughter waiting on a car (hers was stolen) finds out her car is ready to be delivered but is sitting on a car carrier-for 2 tweeks and counting. The dealership itself is waiting on delivery of many cars and trucks.
-hope the salesman have a huge savings account.

Oh and the pat excuse for parts is , "ships are waiting in the harbor" to be unloaded. -been hearing that for quite awhile.

Ideas to help me understand?
You're prolly right...'supply chain' is just an excuse for companies to charge double and take extended weekends and vacations.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Funemployment ended over labor day weekend and shortly before that so did the moratorium on rent payment and evictions in most parts of the country with others expiring later this month. Hang tight...people will be filling jobs soon.

I still maintain that people are exploiting covid as an excuse.

I'm in NH, we have just about the lowest rate of unemployment in the country, and the governor cut off the extra unemployment several months ago, and literally every business has vacancies and restaurants are having to close on random days because they simply don't have enough staff.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.