Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm wondering if anybody knows the actual size of the SuperV 1000 FreeRide's headtube.. currently I'm running a Manitou Super Six 100mm travel fork (I think it's an '03?) which is a 1 1/8" steerer tube. I'd really really like to upgrade to a Lefty Max with 140mm travel, problem is that they run a 1.5" steerer.
I can't tell if the SuperV1000FR originally has a 1.5" headtube and that my headset is actually just an adapter to 1 1/8" but I would be incredibly happy if that's the case. I guess I could try and take it apart for measurements, but I figured I'd post here first in case anyone knows the actual size of that headtube! Thanks in advance guys :)

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
Hop on the Cannondale website and submit an email to them. They are really good at getting back to you and helping out.

I had a customer that needed something for his Jekyll and they emailed me back within half a day

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: after some thorough research into the matter, I have found that the Super V 1000 FR has a Cannondale 1.5" Headshok Tube. In order to properly convert to a lefty, you need to get a QHDST/EBO headset which is made specifically for the headshok tube to lefty conversion. Figured I'd post this for anyone in the future having a similar problem. Hope this helps someone (yeah right I'm riding an antique!)

Here's a website I found with some good info on Cannondale headtubes.
Definitive guide: Cannondale frame headset fork compatibility for mountain bikes | Cannondale Answers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts