Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 03 Marzocchi super T pro and as of right now i am loosing almost a inch of travel because it didnt come with quite enough oil in it.
Id like to top it off myself instead of paying a bike shop $$$ to do somthing that takes a couple minutes.

So first of all i need to know what wt is in the fork already so there wont be any mixing. Anyone know???

And second of all are there any tricks to adding the oil? i dont know...ive never done it before.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok

Take the black prload knobs off. you will see a c clip push if off. take off top caps. push the fork down. unscrew the preload asimbaly. Take off the washer then spring. use a coat hanger with a small bend in it to reach down a take out the second washer and the second spring. pull the adjuster rods up you will see a line it should mach up with the top of the stantion. use 7.5 oil. Mesure from the top of the stantion down to 105mm and fill. Yes both sides. Put is back together. if you just add oil with out doning this it might not get full travel, hydrolic lock. It will be messy and take 30-55 minuts. You will eventualy be able to do it in 10-15.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts