Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
IMHO, you'll be better off with a normal Shimano bb, then fitting some quality bearings yourself once it packs in.

I've had one of the Taper Roller bbs since May and it's ok, but no more than that. The seals aren't fantastic and it needs taking apart and cleaning too much. I suspect after winter it'll need replacing and SS want nearly £20 per bearing, so I'll be buying a Hope one instead.

·
The Punk Hucker
3,755 Posts
IMHO, you'll be better off with a normal Shimano bb, then fitting some quality bearings yourself once it packs in.

I've had one of the Taper Roller bbs since May and it's ok, but no more than that. The seals aren't fantastic and it needs taking apart and cleaning too much. I suspect after winter it'll need replacing and SS want nearly £20 per bearing, so I'll be buying a Hope one instead.
I have the Token TRB (Taper Roller Bearing) bottom bracket and I would bet they are the exact same, they look so alike. I must also say I've not been impressed with the BB, they are currently very rough and in need of a rebuild. Even new they dragged a lot so chances are I'll revert to a regular BB with enduro bearings or to another set of Token Tiramic which have been extraordinary on my other bikes.

Token : : . . Bike products

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.