Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like my rear triangle is flexing more than it use to. Does anyone else notice this? Any tricks to taking the flex out ? A friend mentioned putting a Vbrake booster on even so I am running disc......

What about wear issues, I only have about 2500 miles on it .... do I need to replace the pivot or something?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

John

G

·
Check out all the bolts and make sure they are tight. Watch out and don't overtighten them as you could easily strip the threads. You can torgue them to spec or just tighen them down a bit.

I don't thing its your main pivot as my superlight has over 3000 miles on it and its still going strong. However I know that my bushing in the rear shox are gone and need to be replaced. That could be another issue of concern. For that you have to send your shox off to get rebuilt and the bushings replaced..

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Superlight rear end flex

My Superlight developed noticeable flex also. I obtained the bearing and bushing replacement kit from Superlight (under $30 on their web site). The original rigidity was restored. You can do this job yourself as long as you can remove the crank arms. This is likely what you are experiencing.

Wyatt

JHK said:
Seems like my rear triangle is flexing more than it use to. Does anyone else notice this? Any tricks to taking the flex out ? A friend mentioned putting a Vbrake booster on even so I am running disc......

What about wear issues, I only have about 2500 miles on it .... do I need to replace the pivot or something?

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Superlight rear end flex; Part II

It was not my experience that the shock had anything to do with rear end flex. However, having the shock rebuilt and tuned by PUSH Technologies transformed the behavior of the bike. Consider that at the same time as the bearings/ bushings.

Wyatt

JHK said:

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.