Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i'm building up a superlight frame and have a few questions. i have to order some parts and need sizes. i don't have the frame yet (being shipped) so i can't do these measurements myself. can you guys help?

1) what size of seat post clamp would i need? it's 27.2mm seatpost, so i'm assuming he 28.6mm clamp? does that sound right?

2) also, what type of front derailleur do i need? bottom pull, top swing? what size of clamp?

3) bottom bracket size? i have a race face signature XS (adjustable from 68 to 73) - will that work?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
239 Posts
Answer for #1...

discomonkey said:
1) what size of seat post clamp would i need? it's 27.2mm seatpost, so i'm assuming he 28.6mm clamp? does that sound right?

2) also, what type of front derailleur do i need? bottom pull, top swing? what size of clamp?

3) bottom bracket size? i have a race face signature XS (adjustable from 68 to 73) - will that work?
The clamp is a 31.8mm.

As far as the BB, if your is adjustable from 68 (which is what the SL requires) to 73mm you should be ok from that aspect but the spindle length would be the question.

Looks like you'll need a third person to answer #3..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.