Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1266 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's all love right here

piercebrew said:
Where is the Superlight love?
I test rode the Blur twice on real trails when looking for a new frame. It was either going to be that or a Superlight. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince myself that it was all that and a bag of chips, I just didn't think it was that over the top great ride that everyone else seems to experience. It felt too sluggish in the twisties for my tastes. It is a good bike no doubt - probably very good. But the Superlight was just more fun to drive. Plus the Superlight has a been there, done that simple proven design.

I think the Superlight is still an awesome bike.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I Loved & Rode the snot outta both of my SL's but they were a little flexy for my 205 pound frame. Totally setup to your preferences the Blur is over the top.....And if your not setup spot on it does make a bigger difference on the Blur over the SL.
I still have an OG Tazmon (wish I never sold my 1st one) that I'll be putting together soon just to have around....I've always liked that bike over the SL. :D

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
I got yer love right here...

piercebrew said:
Apparently, it is no longer hip or fashionable to love or ride a Superlight since the much balyhooed Blur hit the scene. Which, of course is good for me, as I am neither hip nor fashionable. Viva la Superlight!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm Feelin' the Love!

Here's my '03 silver anodized SL with Chris King headset, upgraded Float AVA, White Brothers AT-4, XT group.
It's currently up for sale as I may buy a Blur or I may keep it.

Attachments

·
Part-time rider
210 Posts
It's all love...

piercebrew said:
Got it back in 2000 with a help of student loan -- one of the smartest choices I made in college :D Pretty much all the components have been changed though over the years:

- x317/Hugi240/DT Revolution
- Avid mech
- CT2/Chris King
- Old school XTR rear d.

There were times when I rode almost every day, and this baby never let me down. This one's definitely a keeper!

K-Zero

Attachments

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,753 Posts
Stop it you guys!

piercebrew said:
You are making me pine for the `00 SL I sold this fall. I just now realize that I have no pictures of her. :(

Kapusta

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,753 Posts
I needed a change..

Capt_phun said:
You sold her????? WHY!!! What did you get in place of the SL??
I was looking for something that would have a a more active rear end, and had 5" on both ends. I ended up with the Heckler. Actually, it is only a little more active than the superlight, but it soaks up big hits and drops far better. The geometry is also better suited for flying off of things than the superlight. I am a little surprised I bought another single pivot bike. Hey, it is a good design that is reliable and it works. I am running a Z1 FR on it, though I am probably going to switch to a TALAS for the sharper steering and more efficient ride. I hope the buttery-smooth, bottomless (and taller) Z1 has not spoiled me when hell breaks loose on the way down the mountain.

Kapusta

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,753 Posts
I like the stealth shock

Capt_phun said:
Got my shock tuned up and my Beauty is back in business:
It looks like you took the sticker off the rear shock. I did the same with mine. Much cleaner looking. I took them off the fork as well.

Kapusta

·
Registered
17 Posts
Eltbee said:
Very nice. What year is the frame?
Don't know, the guy who sold me the frame was not sure about the year .It is probably a 01 frame, originally came with a cane creek shock. Is there a way to know a superlight frame year?

1 - 20 of 1266 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.