Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Superlight & Heckler Options???

Please help for I am looking for some good insight. I have a superlight and a heckler both 00' and 04 respectively...
I want a new fox shock w/ lockout for the superlight but having some trouble finding out what size I need for a medium frame. (is it the 7.875x2.00?) have a float 100 rlc in front, and was thinking the float RL would work fine. Is the Talus or AVA much better? this is mainly an xc bike...

On the Heckler i have decided to run a fox vanilla rlc up front. My last question is on which coil shock to run on the rear??? 5th element coil / Manitou SPV / fox ???
I really dont have much experience w/ coil shocks but would take the time to dial it in properly for the best ride. the heckers purpose is to go where the superlight wussies out.

Big Thanks for I seem a little stumped on whats available out there and what to go with.

·
Registered
118 Posts
rjheckler said:
Superlight & Heckler Options???

Please help for I am looking for some good insight. I have a superlight and a heckler both 00' and 04 respectively...
I want a new fox shock w/ lockout for the superlight but having some trouble finding out what size I need for a medium frame. (is it the 7.875x2.00?) have a float 100 rlc in front, and was thinking the float RL would work fine. Is the Talus or AVA much better? this is mainly an xc bike...

On the Heckler i have decided to run a fox vanilla rlc up front. My last question is on which coil shock to run on the rear??? 5th element coil / Manitou SPV / fox ???
I really dont have much experience w/ coil shocks but would take the time to dial it in properly for the best ride. the heckers purpose is to go where the superlight wussies out.

Big Thanks for I seem a little stumped on whats available out there and what to go with.
IMO if you get a good SPV shock you probably won't ever use a lockout feature.

I have a TALAS fork and a 5th Element coil on my '04 Heckler and they're both the bomb. I use the travel adjust of the TALAS every serious ride, and the 5th lets me pedal like I'm on a hardtail and lead the pack on the descents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.