Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to make my move to fs this year and almost bought a new Giant NRS, but before I do this, I would like to take one more look at some of the single piviot bikes. (I know that the Ventan is not a true singel pivot) I like the idea of their simplicity as well as less mantainence. Any thought on the above Ventana, Superlight, or Yeti. I like fast XC riding and love to climb.

Thanks

Badsmells

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
BS .....

to me it kinda already sounds like your gut instincts are telling you to side with the ElSalt.....i agree fully ! This frame is a good choice for so many reasons.... the Quad bearing design is built to handle tons of abuse...i've witnessed zero slop in frames that have 5 years of very hard riding in them. Once the bearings do wear, they are replaceable by common sized cartridge units....and the task is EASY !!

Other attributes.... the ability to convert different rockers to change the amount of rear wheel travel. 3-5 inches is most common.

Then you have the other tidbits...great welds, high quality powder coating, and impeccable machine work....the finished product is truely a piece of art that could very easily last a lifetime. If you've never seen one in person....come on up for a visit.

good luck to ya, Chad

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
I'd have to agree with Chad. I have a Ventana Pantera and while I really like it, the flexibility afforded by the El Salt is just incredible. One bike that can perform so many roles well is very unique. I have a friend who has one of the 2005 versions and it is just a beauty. He has it set up in 5" mode and he is very happy with it.

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
badsmells said:
I like fast XC riding and love to climb.
Sounds like Yeti to me.

I've been riding the ASR for 3 years now. I have new-bike-itch, but can't find anything as well suited to my riding style, so I'm falling into the "If it ain't broke" category.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.