Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flynn said:
...Performance ( same co. as Supergo and now Nashbar too maybe? )...
NYCfixie said:
Just rememebr that Performance, SuperGo, and Nashbar are all the same company!
BigBull said:
...Nashbar refund my returned goods, plus shipping usually in a week; but I've never heard from Performance for months after mailed the returned item. They may belong to one owner...
There seems to be a lot of talk by people about how SuperGo and/or Performance and/or Nashbar are the same company, and I was interested to know what relationship these three companies have with each other. Can anyone confirm one way or the other whether or not any of these companies has specific relationship with the other two? (There seems to be some talk about them having the same owner, but different CS, for example.)

Just interested in knowing the truth.

·
Don't touch me!
852 Posts
Well Performance bought Nasbar a while ago, the they (Performance) bought Supergo recently. Corporate offices are located in NC and whenever I have ordered from any of the above, the shipment comes from NC. I am one state away, so logistically it is better and cheaper to ship from the closest location possible. I'm not sure if Supergo ships from the W.C. anymore.

They are the same company in a sense, but each company serves different purposes. Nasbar seems to serve the lower end of everything with a few nice closeouts, Performance seems more roadie. I don't know what Supergo is, maybe more mtn oriented; until recently their online prices have been close to msrp, which is seppuku for internet business.

·
Registered
981 Posts
beeristasty said:
I'm not sure if Supergo ships from the W.C. anymore...
I live near the old west coast (Santa Monica) Supergo warehouse/mail order center and it's now sitting empty with a huge for lease sign in front. So looks like they Performance moved the operations when they took over.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I bought a bike at the Fountain Valley store a couple of months back... A Performance employee was there chatting with one of the staff. They confirmed that Performance owns Supergo...and Nashbar as well.

I commented that it seemed like Supergo had really "tightened up" on prices and they confirmed it... The store manager had to call the corporate just to get permission to knock $100 off the bike I was buying. :rolleyes:

The Supergo guy said they now control 28% of the market. :eek:

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Here's a writeup on the Supergo deal in BicycleRetailer.com: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1750123

...and of Nashbar: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/bicycleretailer/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1185101

From PedalPushersOnline: http://www.pedalpushersonline.com/?CID=715

The first is an unnamed source with Supergo. As we road out to the outdoor demo we had the chance to chat about what is happening with Nashbar, Performance Bike, and Supergo. Pretty much the bottom line is as follows. Performance Bike is the deep pocket outfit that has purchased Nashbar and Supergo. They view Nashbar as their "Outlet and Discount" venue. On the other hand, Supergo is their "high end" venue. Both Performance and Supergo are represented with Brick and mortar stores as well as online entities. Supergo is predominantly in the West, with Performance outlets more widespread, but notably absent in the North East. It will be interesting to watch Performance as they grow. It is also interesting to note that Performance ran an ad in the Interbike Information Magazine advertising, "Looking to Sell?" "Performance Inc. is buying profitable bicycle shops. Prefer successful stores in CA, OR, WA, CO, AZ, PA, VA, TX, NC, IL, & MD."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.