Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Superfly 100 on order and my shop is telling me sometime in September. I have heard other shops say if they are pre-ordered they will be here in October or November. If you do not pre-order then it will be November-December. I was just wondering if anyone had a realistic time frame if I pre-ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Thanks!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
enough....

nothing wrong with sharing information on buying a bike, just the same as buying a car helps educate yourself to get a better deal.

i recently purchased a new 09 honda odyssey and was able to get a smoking deal based on reading a couple of forums to do some research...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
yeah seriously... why people consider what they paid for a bike super confidential info is beyond me... for [email protected]#$ sake, it only helps everyone out when that info is shared... unless you're someone that likes overpaying for stuff

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
MI_canuck said:
yeah seriously... why people consider what they paid for a bike super confidential info is beyond me... for [email protected]#$ sake, it only helps everyone out when that info is shared... unless you're someone that likes overpaying for stuff
I don't give out that info because I am sponsored by my LBS and I'm asked not to give out the info and feel it wouldn't be wise to anyways.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
The instant I caught wind of this bike, I hoped to get an XL before a big endurance race on August 1. My LBS was told that Fisher could make this work, then the date slipped to mid-August, then October, then I lost interest.

I wonder if extensive racing and riding of the first batch of Fly 100s by the pros turned up an issue that GF wants to make sure and re-engineer before releasing to the public?

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
kosmo said:
I wonder if extensive racing and riding of the first batch of Fly 100s by the pros turned up an issue that GF wants to make sure and re-engineer before releasing to the public?
Perhaps, but I think it's more likely that suppliers/manufacturers are always late providing the goods.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Gee, that sucks. So much for this season. Good thing they don't do their financial forecasts based on expected revenue. Or do they? Likely it's "good enough" to have nice 2010 inventory in waiting prior to the rush next Spring.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
kosmo said:
why has there been reported failures of SF 100s already?

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
jtflyer said:
Does anyone know if the weight of a med. superfly 100 will be under 22lbs.? THX
The medium SF100 I rode this weekend felt like it was about 25lbs but Josh of Trek/Gary Fisher told me it only weighed ~23lbs.

Nice xc bike though :thumbsup:

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
jtflyer said:
Was the SF100 you rode , a production model?
I assume it was but didn't ask. I doubt the Trek Demo would have any pre-production bikes. It was dressed with the same parts spec as shown on the web site. At least as far as I could tell.

·
Brant-C.
1,072 Posts
can we order this bike now so that when it's ready for shipping i'm on the list?

i've talked to 4 bikes shops in my area and they act like this bike cannot be ordered until january 2010!

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.