Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my dream bike that I just finished building after what seems like forever waiting for bits to get here. It's done now though and it rides even better than it looks, the geometry is so dialled 15" chainstay makes it so good to manual and spin.

Thanks for looking

Frame - SuperCo Charger
Front shock/fork - Fox Racing Shox 831
Handlebars - Renthal Jump Bars 2" rise
Stem - Colony Team
Headset - Colony Team
Grips - DMR Zip grips
Saddle - Sunline V1
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Rear brake - Avid Elixir R
Cranks - Profile race, raw finish
Chain - 1/2 link
Pedals - Superstar Nano with Titanium axles
Chainring - Renthal BMX 28t
Front hub - Halo Purple Haze Spindoctor with 15mm adaptors
Rear hub - Halo Purple Haze djd 11t driver
Front rim - Halo Purple Haze 36h
Rear rim - Halo Purple Haze 36h
Spokes - white ones
Nipples - black ones
Tyres - Schwalbe Table Top folding bead front, Intense Micro Knobby rear
Tubes - Continental standard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
" tnickols sick bike, why go with the 831 while a 36 float can be had for cheaper and is a little more tested "

mostly because the 831 is the best part of 1 lbs (0.430kg) lighter. I got an awesome deal aswell so the price difference wasnt that much.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
that is a gorgeous and sexy bike.

though i have to agree that the seat is a little random. a black DJ type seat would sort of complete that looks wise. not to mention, that seat stands a really good chance of getting jacket up pretty quick.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
That saddle is pretty durable. I would just not run it so far back on the rails.

I've got a Selle road saddle that I've taken some hard impacts on. It's still fine. Though it does worry me since the rails creak in the shell... But it has done that since new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Renthal Bits

I got the Renthal bits from "charlie the bike monger", who is in the UK, Australia is always slow getting new products and I was set on the renthal bits as soon as I saw them.

I know they are not the lightest but with renthal you know they arent going to break and they look so sexy especially the sprocket

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.