Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has converted an old Super-V to disk? And if there is a recommended setup? I realize in would likely have to buy a new fork.

And, actually, is it still true that I would need to use a 1 1/2" to 1 1/8" adapter for a more modern fork? I'm seeing Fox forks out there that are already 1 1/2 inch, tapered.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,469 Posts
Age matters a lot in these considerations. What year?

Why a new fork? No tabs on it? If not, there ARE tabs on your rear triangle?

Avid BB 7's are a solid, simple, highly functional choice, unless you want hydraulics in particular, in which case, I'd stick with Shimano...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Age matters a lot in these considerations. What year?

Why a new fork? No tabs on it? If not, there ARE tabs on your rear triangle?

Avid BB 7's are a solid, simple, highly functional choice, unless you want hydraulics in particular, in which case, I'd stick with Shimano...
Hey! Thanks for the reply. The year? 1994. The very first. Correct, the forks do not contain a tab for calipers to mount. I believe Cannondale used an oversized Headshok, which will require an adapter(?), to convert down to a standard fork. I don't mind the old school breaks, I'm just attached to the bike lol. Might make a fun project. The rear would be easy. Thanks for the recommendations! Hydraulic isn't necessary to me, so the Avids sound great.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,469 Posts
For how much it will run (wheels, fork, brakes, headset adapter, etc), I'd suggest leaving this alone and buying a modern bike with discs, then hang onto this as a vintage ride.

Best option? Good V brakes, nice levers for them, good quality compressionless housing, and high quality after market pads such as Kool Stops. 85% of disc power, for under $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.