Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 super t and when i turnthe tension knob, the rebound screw thing turns with it. [on both sides] I would also like to know how i would go about remong one spring. thefork is stiff for my weight- 110. thanks for the help

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Can't you use a screwdriver...

markseelos805 said:
i have an 03 super t and when i turnthe tension knob, the rebound screw thing turns with it. [on both sides] I would also like to know how i would go about remong one spring. thefork is stiff for my weight- 110. thanks for the help
to hold the rebound post stationary while you dial in the desired amount of preload on the other knob? Or you could just count how many turns out or in that your rebound is set to, and then go back to that setting after you turn the preload knob.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Unless you're doing the jenny craig thing or going in for lypo, you are only going to need to set your preload knob once. After that, you can screw with rebound settings. For taking the springs out, you need to take off the c clips, unscrew the top caps with something like a 21mm wrench, and then take the preload deal off the damper rod to slide the spring out. Just make sure your fork is sitting with the wheel on the ground, because you can now pull the stanchions right out of the lowers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.