Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone out there have a super T spring or a Shiver spring laying around? Something from 2003 on? I was wondering what the length of one is from end to end, and how wide it measures in inches?

If you could measure it I'd appreciate it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
04 Super

Reamer said:
Hey, anyone out there have a super T spring or a Shiver spring laying around? Something from 2003 on? I was wondering what the length of one is from end to end, and how wide it measures in inches?

If you could measure it I'd appreciate it! :thumbsup:
Ihave an 04 Super T. Which spring are you talking about?
Each leg has 2. One is longer than the other.

I'll try to measure 1 tonight if I'm home.

Rough guess about width is ~ 1".

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
freeriderB said:
Ihave an 04 Super T. Which spring are you talking about?
Each leg has 2. One is longer than the other.

I'll try to measure 1 tonight if I'm home.

Rough guess about width is ~ 1".
I'm looking for the longer one's. I need a spring that is 12 inches and 7/8ths long, by about 1 inch and 1/16th wide. I think the shiver springs are 13 inches long...Reason I'm asking is that those who have gone to the stiffer springs for their 2006 888's say they didn't notice stiffness change, this has been the consensus from several different individuals...so I figure if I can find a super t or shiver spring that is the same in length, outer width and inner width, then I'm golden because I've ridden the shiver stiff springs and super t and they were tha shiate if you wanted something stiffer. Oil change is done, went with 10 weight, and just slapped my new 2.7 up front, 2.5 will be on tomorrow and I'll post new pictures of my tankass Faith that will be setup to plow and stomp :thumbsup:

·
Chillin the Most
4,015 Posts
Reamer said:
I'm looking for the longer one's. I need a spring that is 12 inches and 7/8ths long, by about 1 inch and 1/16th wide. I think the shiver springs are 13 inches long...Reason I'm asking is that those who have gone to the stiffer springs for their 2006 888's say they didn't notice stiffness change, this has been the consensus from several different individuals...so I figure if I can find a super t or shiver spring that is the same in length, outer width and inner width, then I'm golden because I've ridden the shiver stiff springs and super t and they were tha shiate if you wanted something stiffer. Oil change is done, went with 10 weight, and just slapped my new 2.7 up front, 2.5 will be on tomorrow and I'll post new pictures of my tankass Faith that will be setup to plow and stomp :thumbsup:
Not sure I'm reading this correctly, but i sounds like your going to try and put a Shiver/ Super T spring in a 888, correct? If so, just thought you should know that a Shiver spring will not fit, the OD is far too large, much larger than most conventional forks, except for maybe the Monster T.

However, if I am mistaken please diregard everything I just wrote. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
04 super T spring length

Reamer said:
long spring = approx 9"
short = approx 6"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.