Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking back, a dude in Alaska we used to ride with sometimes had a Killer V (or a Super?) with all the top shelf stuff.

I remember a carbon swingarm, and a "Head Shock"

How were those bikes performance wise? Did the suspension actually do a good job?

He ended up crashing it and denting the downtube, purchased some weird Klein FS and then got liquored up and blasted the Cannondale frame with a shotgun (no kidding).

I do remember stomping his ass on my rigid during the group rides in Fairbanks, Alaska though.:D

Edit to add- the dent was the size of a pea. Some people.

·
Registered
525 Posts
A visitor to my town back in the day had one of those and we switched out for a bit on a ride, couldn't wait to get back on my own bike which was a steel frame rigid at the time. Let's just say that FS bikes have come a long way since then and that a shotgun blast was probably a fitting end to the bike.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
The Super V is what it was. Killer V's were the rigid frames with the Delta V top tube configuration, for better stand over, and a stiffer front end.

They were nice bikes. Many here will bag on Cannondale, and while they've certainly had their moments, you can't fault them for being an independent thinking, envelope pushing company, that produced a number of products that were revolutionary in their day, and standard today. BB30? Cannondale. Etc.

They rode nicely, for a single pivot bike. You like the SP ride? You'll like a Super V. Depending on why your asking, I can tell you there are far more desireable models, though they were all called Super V's.

The carbon armed ones? Not so great.... Cool, but not great in terms of staying in one piece. The alloy arms were much better, though not nearly as 90's cool;)

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
The super v rode great downhill but it was very inefficient so going up could be a chore. My F2000 with a Lefty is still one of my favorite bikes. I still love the head shock as well. Easy access lockout and low weight. My Cannondale 1fg sees more action than any of my bikes.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
GrampBredo said:
With the right shock, the Super V makes a great trail bike. Check out the Uber V thread in the Cannondale forum.
Word.

Platform shocks have revolutionized single pivot riding. The plushness is still there, but solid climbing can be accomplished with a minimum of bob.

Companies like Cannondale and Lenz Sport are proof that the single pivot is alive and well.

Uber V's are a lot of fun too :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.