Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two week old Super Fatty DLR Headshok with the red dampening dial cartridge(made by Magura as the CCS, I believe). I have been riding all over the place with it and noticed today on a rather long grinding double track hill after I had locked up the fork, that the fork started to compress as I rode out of the saddle and cranked up the hill. When I got to the top of the hill I stopped to check the fork out and sure enough the ribs of the fork boot were somewhat compressed. Releasing the lockout instantly rebounded the fork to it's full position where I re-locked the fork and rode up another hill. Same thing happened again.

Is this normal? Or is my Headshok not working correctly? Seems like it compresses about 30mm out of the possible 80mm. If left in the lockout position, I found, it will slowly but surely decompress on it's own and return to the full 80mm position in about 30 seconds.

Wondering what you guys thought.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damion said:
It sounds like the cartridge has some air in it. THe lockout is not quite right.

THat cartridge is similar to the Magura one, but is not the same thing.
For instance if I get off the bike and with my hands on the handlebar, put about 1/2 my body weight on the bars( I weigh 200) and have the fork in full lockout, it will slowly start to compress in a bout 8-10 seconds. As it compresses, it "slips" even faster.

It's not that it's a problem now nor does it affect my riding, but since it's on a brand new F2000 I thought I would see how the fork should work.

I come from an F3000, with a regular Fatty SL with the 5 position dampening dial, so I'm unfamiliar with some of the Super Fatty Ultra DLR specifics.

Any other comments would be appreciated. I live 150 miles from the nearest dealer, in the Rockies, so it's not like I can just pop into the bike shop for a tune up.

·
Music & Bikes
1,653 Posts
I have the same fork , maybe it was luck , but I had the same problem after changing the oil.
I got the Lockout back that way :
take out the rebound knob, the 10mm bolt under, and the lockout lever.
Under that, there is another 10mm bolt , mine was a bit loose , don't tight it too much, your lockout lever won't turn anymore.......
Like I said , maybe luck , but that's what I did , and it worked.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.