Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I recently pulled my shock off for its 50 hour service and realized that the bottom of the reservoir isn't flush, you can also see half of the seal ring. With a 50 hr service you don't touch the reservoir so I'm not sure how to go about getting this resolved. The shop said they send things like this straight to Rockshox, but I know I've been riding on this and there hasn't been any performance degradation to my knowledge. Is there a quick fix?

Attachments

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
You need a monarch air adaptor tool to fix that, but it’s simply a case of releasing reservoir pressure, pushing the cap down, reseating the circles and reinflating

I wouldn’t keep riding it! Does the damper make much noise?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My bigger concern would be how did that happen? That should never happen and as you said you never touched it, which you shouldn’t for a 50hr service. So how did the cir clip get unseated from it groove?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it from some one on pinkbike that said it was "new", ha. Looking back at the pictures from the ad and if you look hard it appears to be that way in the pictures. I received it and installed it obviously not giving it a good look over. The performance has been what I would expect, which is good, and the only reason I'm servicing it is because I'm injured at the moment, not from performance degredation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.