Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ! Been riding my new commencal clash for the past 3 months with the rock shox super deluxe rct. I'm 162 lbs geared up on a large frame with a 450 lbs spring and it feels pretty good but I will sometimes bottom out on harsh square hits. I did try a 500 lbs but it felt a bit too stiff. So I guess having more hsc would be great, is there any way to easily mod that on the shock ?

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Easily mod, no, you would have to send it in to one of the tuning shops to have them do a tune on it for you. How much preload are you using?

I am hoping that the kinematics and leverage are drastically different for your bike because I am about 190# geared up running a 400lbs spring and I only bottom on really harsh, big hits and really that is just hitting the bumper. I have yet to bottom out harshly enough to really notice it. In my experience I have found that PUSH is super helpful regardless of purchasing their products, in helping people out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.