Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a new wheel since I put a huge flat spot in my rear Alex DM24. I'm running 24 inch wheels and I already have a 36 hole hub. I want to order from the shop where I work so I can get the employee discount. The 24 inch rims that I could find in the catalogs are the Alex ESD25, Alex DX32, Sun Doublewide, Sun B.F.R., Sun AT-18, Sun S-Type, and the Sun M-13 II. Out of these rims which one would be my best bet. I really would like to keep it around 750 grams if thats possible for a bombproof rim. I don't want to be tightening the spokes and trueing my wheel all the time either. I ride freeride, urban, and downhill on my .243 hardtail so I'm pretty hard on my rear wheel.

Option 2 is to just order a rim online. If I take that option which ones would you guys recommend? Thanks a lot! :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you can get the B.F.R. for cheap I would recommend that. When I first built up my bike I was running one with an XT hub and the thing is bombproof. They also make that rim for BMX applications and I've heard all positive things from the 20 inchers that run them so you know its gonna be solid. I haven't had good experiences with any of the other Sun products I've used but like I said everyone I've talked to, myself included, loves the B.F.R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.