Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I purchased a 2014 Scott Aspect 940 and took it out on the trail to try it out. Aside from having a petal break in about 30 min I notice that the that the fork leak a bit of oil as it flexes up and down and dirt begins to stick. It's brand new and my XC32 never had this problem, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've had the XCM and I think it's more noticeable since it's grease so everything sticks to it a lot more. My Fox RLC also leaves residue since that's what lubricating the stanchions against the bushings, but it's not as noticeable since it uses a lightweight oil bath.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dream is a Fox but I'm thinking about doing the suntour upgrade program for the raidon is it work it?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My dream is a Fox but I'm thinking about doing the suntour upgrade program for the raidon is it work it?
That's entirely up to you since it will depend what youre trying to accomplish . In my opinion, a used RS or Fox or even a new Manitou or Xfusion are a better choice for most cases.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
That's entirely up to you since it will depend what youre trying to accomplish . In my opinion, a used RS or Fox or even a new Manitou or Xfusion are a better choice for most cases.
I think the Raidon is a great option for the price you get it for on the upgrade program.

Just about anything will be an improvement over the XCM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts