Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, another suspension question.

I just picked up a new bike that came with Suntour Raidon XC L-OR air-spring fork and was debating if I should swap them out for the newer 2019 Rockshox Recon RL fork that I installed on my older bike a few months ago.

Are they pretty much the same quality? I think the Rockshox Recon RL is a few hundred grams lighter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Gregnash. I'll have a look see.

The Recon I already own, I recently installed on my older bike. I guess they're about the same performance level ie entry level air sprung forks.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Thanks for the tip Gregnash. I'll have a look see.

The Recon I already own, I recently installed on my older bike. I guess they're about the same performance level ie entry level air sprung forks.
Correct... Both are lower level/entry level air sprung forks with minimal adjustment. If you are looking to get more performance out of a fork, then use the Upgrade Program and go with something better. I can vouch for SR Suntour's higher end products being quite good. While not being the lightest in the game or anything like that, they are definitely good/great products that get overlooked simply because of the name and the old reputation they had. The Aion, Auron, Durolux are great forks, I spent over a year on an Auron PCS RC2 29er and to date it has been one of my favorite forks (even compared to the newer RS Lyrik with the Charger2 damper). Service on them is stupid simple and their staff have always been helpful when something was amiss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.