Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
snickers driven
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, makes me smile too

I've a good posse to ride with allright. The camera is a gopro hero wide 5MP, available with various mounts: handlebar, seatpost, helmet. This footage used the chestmount. Thx for the props!

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
That's awesome........I dream of the day that my kids decide to pack up and head out with me. It'll blow my mind.

I know I don't need to say this but, enjoy your time.

Thanks for the clip!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great video! Looks like tons of fun! Odd though, it seems like there's a small black dot on the sun? What's up with that? Other than the video quality seems alright, surely there's a better cam out there.

·
snickers driven
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pedalphilictendencies said:
Great video! Looks like tons of fun! Odd though, it seems like there's a small black dot on the sun? What's up with that? Other than the video quality seems alright, surely there's a better cam out there.
Shot with Gopro Hero Wide 5mp standard definition. The cam blacks out the sun, guess to keep it from washing out the footage. Oh, there's better cams- HD version of the Hero vs Vholder Contour seem to be battling it out these days. A case of working with what you got...

This vid was shot with HD contour I believe, more of our local trails, shakes a bit more than the Hero, but man what crisp footage!

White Mesa January 2010 from Notaknob on Vimeo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey MTB, those are some pretty nice videos, I'm jealous of the places you get to ride! Did you ever look into this Tachyon XC camera at all? I've been looking around for a little while and having a hard time on deciding. What made you choose the Gopro?

Here's a video of the one I'm talking about:

·
snickers driven
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry dude

pedalphilictendencies said:
Did you ever look into this Tachyon XC camera at all? I've been looking around for a little while and having a hard time on deciding. What made you choose the Gopro?
can't help you there, mine was a gift. You may want to take this question over to the vid forum, there are guys over there who've been comparing cameras. Gopro does have a bunch of mount options: +1

·
snickers driven
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
figured they grew them tough out Fruita way, you've certainly raised the bar with your posse fo sho. We sampled Fruita last year- you could hear our brakes squealing up and down the valley ;) We'll be back!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts