Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots from a Sunset/Moonrise ride. The sun was setting at the same time the moon was rising. Think it only happens a few times a year, it was Oct.17 when Ric, Denis, Brian, Joan, Al, and I rode to the top of Stony Cabin Ridge to view it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a couple more shots.....

Blueberry bushes were glowing during the sunset.........

Attachments

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Love these pictures. Especially like the riders with the lights on with the darkening sky behind them. Awesome!

Shawn

·
Registered
1 Posts
JeffSkisMontana said:
Here are a few shots from a Sunset/Moonrise ride. The sun was setting at the same time the moon was rising. Think it only happens a few times a year, it was Oct.17 when Ric, Denis, Brian, Joan, Al, and I rode to the top of Stony Cabin Ridge to view it.
Beautiful shots; Stoney Cabin Ridge is a special spot!

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
JeffSkisMontana said:
That third shot is awsome! That one should be hangin up on someones wall. :D

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Just had to give u props for some sweet pics. That 4th shot (the 1 w/ everyone bathed in the sunset light) is awesome and should be submitted to a mag for a rap around cover. :D Hope to get out w/ the camera more this year and create some nice shots myself.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
R59Anthem, Jorge Monkey, E!, Martini, GCM, Lynx,......

Mtnbkrid, and Troy. Thanks for your comments. Brian was the shooter. The ride up to Stony Cabin Ridge was filled with anticipation, would we be able to see the sunset and moonrise simultaneously? would we get there in time? would clouds form and ruin it?..the ride home was pretty decent although my lights failed(my issue not having them ready). Have posted some more shots in the Pennsylvania thread. Thx again. Jeff

p.s. R59Anthem- Sounds like you have been up to Stony Cabin Ridge. Do you ride the area regularly?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone know when the next Sunset.......

and Moonrise will be in the Northern states? Just want to get ready for this once or twice a year event.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.