Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great Friday on the bike. Went for a ride before work at 5:30am and watched the sunrise around 7am. Then I hopped back on the bike around 7:30pm, just in time to watch the sunset. 60k in total. I was riding in the direction of the sunrise/sunset and didn't even plan it that way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would say about 2/3 of the time I use my light are "dawn patrol" rides. Nothing like riding 15-20 miles before breakfast with half of them in the dark. Hearing and watching the forest welcome a new day is awesome.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I did the dusk and dawn lap for my team during a 24h race about 10 years ago. My first lap was daylight when I started the 12 mile loop and night when I completed the lap. My next lap was night when I started and daylight when I finished. It was awesome. I still talk about it whenever I can.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the dusk and dawn lap for my team during a 24h race about 10 years ago. My first lap was daylight when I started the 12 mile loop and night when I completed the lap. My next lap was night when I started and daylight when I finished. It was awesome. I still talk about it whenever I can.
Sweet. There is something about riding at that time of day, things are just really quiet. This was a road ride, including some rural gravel roads...and there are so few cars out there it is great. I would love to try a 24hr ride and like you wouldn't mind those dawn and dusk segments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts