Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this has been a thread in the past, but I'm looking for some new opinions. I don't want to spend more than $50 on a pair and I prefer clear lenses, something functional (keep bugs out of my eyes). Recommendations?

·
Rabid Lana Fan
10,277 Posts
tojnom said:
I've never really been a fan of riding with sunglasses, but I need to buy a new pair since my old pair broke in the washer/dryer. I don't want to spend more than $50 on a pair and I prefer clear lenses (functional, simple, stylish). Recommendations?
Here's a recommendation....don't wash your sunglasses in the washer/dryer. That's for washing clothes!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I felt pretty stupid when I checked my jersey pocket. I'm notorious for ruining things in the wash, I can't even tell you how many times I've left a pen in my pocket. I've pissed off the "better half" one too many times doing the wash.

·
Rabid Lana Fan
10,277 Posts
Okay, enough kidding around.

I can't help you, I just wear cheap shooting glasses for eye protection.

I like the amber lenses, makes the contrast in the woods better for me.

·
2 wheels & a meat motor
215 Posts
You could try Home Cheapo or bLowes. They have eye shields, and some of them are even stylish. They're cheaper than getting a name brand and you're going to lose or scratch them anyway. Try them on, and take into account ventilation. Foggy glasses suck.

·
I play hard to want
360 Posts
I have 2 pairs of Oakleys (M Frames & Half Jackets) and find myself wearing a $5 pair of polarized sunglasses that I bought at Walmart in the fishing aisle.

·
Never worng!
622 Posts
The Nashbar Zurich Photochromic Sunglasses I ordered for my wife arrived.
She loves them. Cool looking carbon frame and transition lenses.
The lenses change from light to dark or dark to light fairly fast.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Offrampmotel said:
I have 2 pairs of Oakleys (M Frames & Half Jackets) and find myself wearing a $5 pair of polarized sunglasses that I bought at Walmart in the fishing aisle.
Yeah, I've found a dollar store that sells name-brand glasses and I've stocked up because I'm tired of scratching my "good" glasses.

Some of the glasses (Foster Grants) are even polarized. Check 'em out for scratches before you buy, tho. They get handled a little roughly sometimes :nono:

fp

·
Registered
511 Posts
No matter how cheap/inexpensive sunglasses from Performance may seem to be, you WILL get what you pay for.

My experiences have been that the rubber ear pieces come off as soon as you buy them, unless you super-glue them on. The worst thing is that they don't seem to be optically correct and tend to blur my vision, which is not a good thing.

I have found Bolle sunglasses on sale over the years, and they seem just fine, usually at less than $50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.