Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Emu's Taste Like Chicken
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already tried search, didn't find what I was looking for----------

I've got Oakley Half Jackets now, but they either fog up or I wind up looking over the frames, so, anyone have set of glasses that are tall (the frame is up above your eye brows) and vent nicely? I've looked high and far, but haven't had luck. Lastly, they need to have replaceable lenses, seeing (sorry for the pun) as how I scratch lenses on a regular basis.

Hey, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

·
Registered
3 Posts
adidas Evil Eye

Check out the adidas Evil Eye Pro. It has a tall frame, and when they do fog up it clears quickly once I'm moving again. And replacement lenses are available.

That is all.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Take a look at the Bolle Parole and or Vigilante. The latter if your noggin is a bit large like mine. I also have a set of Ryder RTX but they fogged up until I modified the lenses on the top for ventilation. Also the Rtx have a smallish frame. All of the above have interchangable lenses.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Check out Smiths. They make badass sunglasses and most have "sliders" and come with 3 different lenses. I have the Smith Districts and there awesome.

-TS

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Bolle Breakaways. I haven't had any problem with them fogging up, unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore. If you can find them, they are usually pretty cheap now too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Native Eyes

ThatHurt said:
Already tried search, didn't find what I was looking for----------

I've got Oakley Half Jackets now, but they either fog up or I wind up looking over the frames, so, anyone have set of glasses that are tall (the frame is up above your eye brows) and vent nicely? I've looked high and far, but haven't had luck. Lastly, they need to have replaceable lenses, seeing (sorry for the pun) as how I scratch lenses on a regular basis.

Hey, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Just lost a pair on a flight from San Diego to Seattle. My favorite pair, too grr!

Anyway, just picked up a new pair for $110 with four different lenses. Polarized, clear, some kind of orange color and yellow. Pretty good coverage vertically, excellent coverage left to horizontally and super light-weight.

Excellent, superb customer service and lifetime warranty (except, alas, for loss). I used it once when my dog actually ate my glasses and had a new pair within about 10 days.

Check 'em out: www.nativeyewear.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Regardless of what glasses you use, there will be situations where they fog up. Get some anti-fog wipes from your favorite outdoor store, and you're good to go.

And FWIW, I use the cheap-o Performance Radial II glasses (Oakley clones) with good results. Got 'em for $30. Rx inserts for $20, and lenses for $50. You sure can't 'scrip shades anywhere else for $100!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts