Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a bighit comp from 2003 with a better fork and better asorted parts, i have the option to get a sunday frame with a 5th element coil on it for 1000 dollars new from the factory, would i notice a big difference between my bighit and the sunday that would be worth the 1000 dollars? would the bike be a lot faster and a lot smoother with .5 inches of more travel? is it worth it to buy the frame and move my components over?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeh, id be riding at attitash mountain on steeper technical terrain but im looking for a bike that would ride really fast and smooth,

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
YES. You would notice a huge difference. It is not about the .5 inch of travel at all. The geometry on a sunday is aimed at racing, (pinning it). The DW link is amazing. It is amazingly active in the small stuff, yet pedals so well. The bike corners like it's on rails due to a super low bb. There really is no comparison between a sunday and a big hit. Make the switch for sure. You won't regret it.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,005 Posts
basically for 1000.00 bucks I would do it...............The big hit is a very nice bike you can race.......if the bike is old and falling apart then it would be time for change......if the bike is in good condition then keep the Big Hit

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
no do it regardless of the condition or anything of the big hit. You'll love it I promise. and then you can just sell the big hit frame and in the end you will have only spent maybe $500and you have a sunday. and I'm not just speculating like others, I have done this. I sold my bike and saved for a sunday and now I'm broke and don't regret it at all.

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
while I don't want to discourage you from getting the sunday (wink), just keep in mind the following parts from the BH won't fit the Sunday:

Seatpost
Rear Wheel
Bottom Bracket
Headset

If possible, I'd also suggest changing the following:
Fork (if you have a 7" fork on it, it will feel steeper with a lower bb height than normal)
Cranks (with the lower bb, 165s are recommended)

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts