Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so I'm heading to SolVista tomorrow with Ithnu and his soon-to-be brother-in-law, and we've got a truck that seats 4 with only 3 people in it so far. if anyone out there is thinking about rolling up to SolVista tomorrow morning solo-style and would like to save some dinero on petrol, shoot me a PM or post it here.

I'm off to ride some XC and then heading to the Thunder Valley Motocross race this afternoon/tonight but I'll check in with this thread later today.

Yeah!

·
percocet pioneer.
931 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
Good gawd, how was the moto race?! THere were cars backed all the way up to I-70 for that new off ramp!!! Looked like a blast!

What gives, are you abandoning Keystone? ;)
No kidding man. On top of that, it was like there were five moons last night with all the lights from that. From my house on the northwest side, there was a Green Mountain Eclipse..

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IndecentExposure said:
Good gawd, how was the moto race?! THere were cars backed all the way up to I-70 for that new off ramp!!! Looked like a blast!

What gives, are you abandoning Keystone? ;)
Don't get me wrong, Keystone is good fun and all, but I've been riding there since there was ONE trail to ride. Change is good, change is different. Also, Keystone isn't open top to bottom last I checked the boards and IMO just ain't worth the price of admission if you have to ride the fire road down half the mountain.

Moto race was pretty b!tchen, the whole event under the lights was way cool. Cool in attitude AND temperature - SO much better than baking out in the 105 degree sun like last year!

Alright, I'm off to the bank, grabbing a cup o joe, and then heading to make some DH runs this morning, Sunday the 29TH (d'oh!) see you b!tches up there!

EDIT: just checked the other thread and I guess Keystone has more open than anticipated. Either way, I'm headed for the SolVistas today... mmmm Cougar trail runs... Moga's Mile...

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Full Trucker said:
Don't get me wrong, Keystone is good fun and all, but I've been riding there since there was ONE trail to ride. Change is good, change is different.
I was joking with ya. I understand the need for change.:thumbsup:

Every Rock, root and bump are in the same place as last year except....

...for the new trail Helter (of Helter and Skelter) just opened up. It opened yesterday.

All blacks and blues are open
-minus East Forest, boy scouts & Eye of the Tiger.

Awesome stuff that Thunder mountain. I was amazed at the fact that the traffic was backed up in every direction!

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IndecentExposure said:
...for the new trail Helter (of Helter and Skelter) just opened up. It opened yesterday.
Ah sweet! Stoked to hear that new stuff is going in at Keystone, the rumour mill was saying that they were putting a kaibosh on any new trail construction due to Gondola construction as well as not getting permits from the USFS or whatever. I'll have to check out some Keystone mid-week, when SolVista isn't running. Ah the sweet sweet life of a Man Of Means, By No Means.

(King of the road...)

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Full Trucker said:
Ah sweet! Stoked to hear that new stuff is going in at Keystone, the rumour mill was saying that they were putting a kaibosh on any new trail construction due to Gondola construction as well as not getting permits from the USFS or whatever. I'll have to check out some Keystone mid-week, when SolVista isn't running. Ah the sweet sweet life of a Man Of Means, By No Means.

(King of the road...)
What day(s) ya thinking? I might be headed up there Wed with Mike P. Altho I might be on a little bike and just working on turns and supa d stragedies...

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dbabuser said:
What day(s) ya thinking? I might be headed up there Wed with Mike P. Altho I might be on a little bike and just working on turns and supa d stragedies...
I was thinking Wednesday as well. Carpool action? I'll PM you my numba, shoot me back yours and Mikey P's as I am pretty sure I lost it a while back...

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dbabuser said:
Bah, it figures they don't open til noon on the one day I get to go...
The 'Stone don't open until noon tomorrow? Sweet, maybe I can work in the morning and still get some runs in... awwwwwright!

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Full Trucker said:
The 'Stone don't open until noon tomorrow? Sweet, maybe I can work in the morning and still get some runs in... awwwwwright!
By "work" do you mean post on mtbr? Because I'm at work right now;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.