Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i hope everyone had a great thanks giving. i know i did. this board has gotten a bit too serious for me lately so i thought i'd post a good old fashioned ride. ;) looking to do a 2.5hr ride on sunday, december 4th at 9am at the school house near ringwood. a nice steady intermediate to advanced pace with somewhat frequent stops. the usual suspects are invited but it would be great to see some new faces as well. bad weather = no ride.

phattie

Directions to the school:

From 287. - (about 10 min from 287)
-Take skyline drive all the way up and down the other side until you get to Greenwood Lake Turpike.
- Make a right onto Greenwood Lake Turnpike. (goes along the lake)
-Make your first right onto Skylands Road.
-Make another right onto Cupsaw Ave.
-Make the first left onto Bear Mountain Rd.
-Make a right onto Valley Rd.
-the School is on your left. Go up the steep drive way and park on the right.

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
metaldork said:
9 is kinda early. how bout 10?
how about we meet half way? say 9:30am at the school. i'd like to be done by noon that's all.

phat.

btw, directions were posted

·
Registered
43 Posts
phatbiker said:
how about we meet half way? say 9:30am at the school. i'd like to be done by noon that's all.

phat.

btw, directions were posted

Hey Phat....Im in I think...will talk to you during the week to confirm...and by the way might be planning a day trip to hunter mtn this coming monday...Can u get off of work?
Howie

·
Registered
173 Posts
metaldork said:
9 is kinda early. how bout 10?
I hear ya MD, I was thinking we needed a "TEAM: CRACK OF NOON" a while back.

As for the 4th I think I'll try to join you guys provided I can make some good progress on two term projects Saturday.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Clutch said:
I hear ya MD, I was thinking we needed a "TEAM: CRACK OF NOON" a while back.

especially when it's gonna be below freezing in the am. but now it looks like i may need to be back by 2 sunday, so the earlier time may be better. will post again when i know more.

·
Come on winter!
241 Posts
Hey Guys - If you decide to ski Hunter on Monday, let me know. I'll be there Saturday - Tuesday and I'd love to take a few runs with you.
-Scott

·
Registered
428 Posts
CRUZING said:
Hey Phat....Im in I think...will talk to you during the week to confirm...and by the way might be planning a day trip to hunter mtn this coming monday...Can u get off of work?
Howie
Howie,

have fun on Monday at Hunter. I will join you guys next time when there is more base and open trails. I will be in Salt Lake City in little over 3 weeks ;)

I hope the snow/rain holds off for sunday morning. So far it doesn't look good.

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
metaldork said:
snow sunday morning. anyone want to go to blue mountain saturday afternoon instead?
i really don't think we'll get much of anything on sunday. bigger snow is expected for monday into tuesday. unless my car is snow covered when i leave my house at 8:30am i'm still on for sunday at 9:30am.

phat

·
Registered
573 Posts
Phat,

I'm game as long as there's less than a foot of snow. Should make things interesting but still very much rideable.

I can be there earlier, you want to hook up then come back pick up the rest of the crew ? Say 8:30 ?

Maurice

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maurice said:
Phat,

I'm game as long as there's less than a foot of snow. Should make things interesting but still very much rideable.

I can be there earlier, you want to hook up then come back pick up the rest of the crew ? Say 8:30 ?

Maurice
hey maurice. glad you can make it. take it easy on me please. ;) i can make it there by 9am. if there's only an inch or so i'll be there but anything over that then i'd rather not drive. at this point weather.com is saying 2-4 inches. it all depends on what happens tonight. i'll post something at 7:30am on sunday.

phat

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
phatbiker said:
hey maurice. glad you can make it. take it easy on me please. ;) i can make it there by 9am. if there's only an inch or so i'll be there but anything over that then i'd rather not drive. at this point weather.com is saying 2-4 inches. it all depends on what happens tonight. i'll post something at 7:30am on sunday.

phat

just to clarify, if we ride, the ride is at 9am.

nelson

1 - 20 of 25 Posts