Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hell yeah. I went up Friday before the massive rain and the trails were still super greased, but damn, did I have a blast! Seemed like Flaten'em lacked flow for some reason, I could never get speed through the berms to hit the little tables and doubles, and had to roll em. I was super stoked on crater and grease monkey, both really steep, scary and fast. The woodwork on endor was sketch considering it was all wet and lastly, the bugs in lot 10 made it miserable to put my armor on. Will be going back i'm pretty sure!

·
Huh?
848 Posts
Yes. There are plenty of trails there. Last weekend there was a young girl there riding in jeans with a skate lid on. No pads or fancy bike either. There was also a father and son there cruising the fire roads and the easier trails. They all seemed to be having fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd have to say that one of the most popular sections of trail there for expert riders is one that suits all ability levels. Looking at the trail map it's the piece of the Crater Trail below Ridge Run. Ask around if you have trouble finding it, the riders there are quite friendly. Enjoy!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Steve,
Hows the XC riding these days? We rode there back in the former hey days and continued for 2 summers after but have not been in a while. Can we still ride for free (i/e climb) and is there anything left of the old race course? we don't mind coming back down the DH trails. What ever happened to Monkey Brook and Sherwood Forest? Or the trails that went from north Peak to the Grand Summit access road?

I was out to Frenchmans last year on my Dual Sport and came up through what looked like it was going to be a road (or a sewer line) but saw no signs of any trails. Is the area just gone except for DH?

-tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XC riding has actually been expanded a bit. Yes, Sherwood and Monkey Brrok are gone but Catch 'em has been reopened. The lifts are running so why climb?? Some of the old DH stuff that you remember is there, some improved and riding better than ever. We definatly cater to the DH crowd but we are trying to diversify. --Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.