Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not just famous; infamous
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's doing what on Sunday. Can't ride Saturday, too many other things going on, but I wanna get out at least once.

Thinking about Buff Creek or D-Bone, just wondering what everybody else is riding.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
Who's doing what on Sunday. Can't ride Saturday, too many other things going on, but I wanna get out at least once.

Thinking about Buff Creek or D-Bone, just wondering what everybody else is riding.
I've got trail leader school thing Saturday, but Sunday is pretty open for me and I'm looking to ride somewhere as well.

What time were you thinking? Early - Mid - Late?

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably mid morning

Jdub said:
What time were you thinking? Early - Mid - Late?
Especially since I'm looking at a 40-60 minute drive out of the DTC to get to either of those places. Of course, I'm up for just about anything that's passably dry at this point. I know I'd like to be on the trail about 10-11am and try to ride 3-4 hrs. Sounds like it's gonna get cold and nasty later in the afternoon and evening. :rolleyes: Ahhh, Colorado :p

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
Not looking good for Sunday at Buffalo Creek

This from the weather.com--but we all know Colorado weather......

6am 33°F
Feels Like26°F

9am 37°F
Feels Like30°F

Rain / Snow Showers High
43°F
Precip
30%

Might have to make the BC trip in Saturday...

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stuck on Sunday

Wish I could. Loveland's looking better all the time...

I'll have to check in with some other peeps to see what their schedules are like, but right now I'm thinking D-Bone at 11 on Sunday :confused:

Now we'll just need a guide....where's Squeaky??

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
but right now I'm thinking D-Bone at 11 on Sunday :confused:

Now we'll just need a guide....where's Squeaky??
Squeak said he was out 'o town all weekend I believe. 11 at DB sounds pretty good to me, easy for me to make that one.

And while I'm Squeaky fast by any stretch I know that trail pretty well. If you are planning on riding for 3-4 hours though you might want to think about Horsetooth or something else in conjunction with DB though. I do a full lap at DB in less than 50 minutes and 4 laps in a row might get a little boring.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Yeppers, I'm out. Won't be back until later Sunday afternoon.

I rode HMP on Monday and it was superb. I hear Crosier is dry too and I plan on hitting that real soon. Dubs, you gotta make the next Crosier ride. It'll really fry your lungs :p

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jdub said:
If you are planning on riding for 3-4 hours though you might want to think about Horsetooth or something else in conjunction with DB though. I do a full lap at DB in less than 50 minutes and 4 laps in a row might get a little boring.
HA...you've never ridden with me, have you :p (not counting the 15 minute Golden mud-fest, of course) With the shape I'm in, it may just take me 2 hrs to finish D-Bone ;)

I'll check with the other 2-3 guys who wanna ride, but I think we'll be heading up that way.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Dubs, you gotta make the next Crosier ride. It'll really fry your lungs :p
Shoot me an email next time, I'm usually up for punishing myself.

Wanted to make the ride last night, but couldn't get there by 5:30.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
coolhandluchs said:
HA...you've never ridden with me, have you :p (not counting the 15 minute Golden mud-fest, of course) With the shape I'm in, it may just take me 2 hrs to finish D-Bone ;)

I'll check with the other 2-3 guys who wanna ride, but I think we'll be heading up that way.
Since moving here I've felt incredibly mortal, any climb of length just sends my HR to the moon so I doubt you'll have too much trouble keeping up with a pace that I set.

Have you guys never ridden at DB? Great, rocky ride. You can do the loops again or different directions to get in more mileage as well.

·
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jdub said:
Have you guys never ridden at DB? Great, rocky ride. You can do the loops again or different directions to get in more mileage as well.
A couple of guys have been to Hall, but never D-Bone :( I'm thinking we'll remedy that Sunday. I'll post here once I figure things out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.