Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Good people of MTBR
Any of you Guys or Gals interested in Sunday afternoon rides, I usually park @Rockland Lake (via Lake and 9W), warm up around the lake and then go to Hook Mountain to Haverstraw and Back
its a nice ride not too intense if anyone is interested, we leave around 5:30 so its not too Hot!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ride mostly Ringwood and around Harriman, so I'm not too familiar w/ Hook. Is this singletrack? Technical or rolly? I'm interested in checking out some new space, but I've always avoided R'land Lake, thinking there wasn't too much trail out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a manicured singletrack compared 2 Ringwood, but to some people its very hard, the view is incredible you ride parralel with the hudson river and rockland lake mountain, hardly anyone to intervene , put it this way sometimes its nice to ride fast and peddle for 40 minutes without dismounting for mother nature....i think you will enjoy it even if your hardcore

G

·
The fire roads are smooth and rolling running parallel to the river, they are quite scenic, unlike the shady Piermont to Nyack fire road/rail trail.

The trails on the Hook Mtn ridgetops are very difficult and illegal (Long Path), with mandatory hiking involved. One popular loop starts from Nyack Beach State park, goes along the river on the fire road, then up the steep paved hill and back along the ridge top along the Long Path. It is very hard and not very safe unless you know where the drop-offs are. I wouldn't ride the ridge top on a weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from 9w north enter ROCKLAND LAKE from CONGERS entrance (not Valley Cottage, lake rd) when inside the park hang left you will pass the Golf course etc, you will come 2 a stop make a left ...there will be a Firehouse on the right, park 100 feet past you will see a gate with paved road that is very steep follow that to the Dirt and it will 2nd gate on the left to the trail....or go 2 north boadway in nyack all the way down till it ends, thats Nyack beach follow it to the trail good luck and have fun

·
Mama Tried
21 Posts
Anyone interested in meeting me on the 18th a friday, preferably late morning to ride these trails you speak of and tallman/piermont trails also. we can do a mini epic and then on saturday morning the 19th I'm planning to hit ringwood with map in hand for another mini epic "in other words if I get lost it's all good" more the merrier. lemme know

ben

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lost
on lake rd before 9w on the left is a dirt mini parking lot, if you past the lites(intersection)you are in ROCKLAND LAKE, the reason for parking there is so you dont have to pay $6.00...but spaces are limited, we or i will be there @5;30 if you wanna cruise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.