Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm going to Palmer Park with some friends on Sunday, meeting at 10:30 by the stables. I'm pretty much just gonna show them what everyone else did that time we had 19 guys there, anyone is welcome to join, just let us know so we don't leave without you from the parking lot. It's not gonna be much XC, just jumping and maybe I'll get up to 1.5 feet today, almost tripling my current record (jk) but it is gonna be fun!
Michael

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Hey Michael I might head down there, it depends on if I can go to build up at dream4est's land or not, and well....if I can do anything since its mother's day.

·
Registered
619 Posts
theres a reason i moved away from cincinnati !

COmtbiker12 said:
Hey Michael I might head down there, it depends on if I can go to build up at dream4est's land or not, and well....if I can do anything since its mother's day.
AGAIN?!?!? :eek:

didnt we just have a mothers day LAST year?! cmon, what gives

all kidding aside, love my mommy but glad shes 1200 miles away

mike, probably will sit this one out, wildman

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Hey, I'm going to Palmer Park with some friends on Sunday, meeting at 10:30 by the stables. I'm pretty much just gonna show them what everyone else did that time we had 19 guys there, anyone is welcome to join, just let us know so we don't leave without you from the parking lot. It's not gonna be much XC, just jumping and maybe I'll get up to 1.5 feet today, almost tripling my current record (jk) but it is gonna be fun!
Michael
I might be in, although we might ride the Canyon instead. I'll post again on Friday to let you know.

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
I think Todd(snowskilz) and I will be down there on sunday, so we may have to hook up with you guys.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
snowskilz said:
def headin down that way sunday, mayb we can do the canyon shuttle?
I'm thinking that too since I've never ridden it before.

Michael would you wanna do this? I dunno about your plans but it might be fun and I think you were talking about wanting to do this before...

·
Registered
619 Posts
canyon sounds good, thanks for askin...

id be up for that! canyon is more racy isnt it? i did palmer yesterday adn wore myself out. hour and 25 minutes (easy now guys, my total riding time is basically since the new bike, im not counting last year on teh univega or the loaner bike and before that i was in hiatus for 8 years!)

took the nite into the procycling and getting her first tune up (already?) yes, i tweaked the rear wheel some and im sure the rest of the bike could use some attention. should be done by tomorrow.

they say

but yea, id be in for the canyon, been wanteing to get over there. ive only done a little of capin jacks adn section 16 on the old bikes (XR on cap jacks too), but i hear talk of the "chutes" and such adn wanna check them out.

mike

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
drum714 said:
I think Todd(snowskilz) and I will be down there on sunday, so we may have to hook up with you guys.
Jay where do you live? I thought you were a Springs local?

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Nah im up in south denver. Palmer is only a 45 min drive from my house and the closest trail in the denver area is about 30min from my house so I don't have a huge problem driving the extra miles for a different ride.

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm down for riding, but I don't know if I will be able to. I finally got a buyer for the RMX, so I might have to ship that Friday, and I dunno if my V-10 will be here by then. But whatever the majority votes, that's where I'll be riding. And if I'm rockin' a V-10, I hear they're what we'd call "Downhill" bikes, so I'll probably want to do more down than up, example, the canyon. ;) So in the end I don't really care, I just wanna ride!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
I'm down for riding, but I don't know if I will be able to. I finally got a buyer for the RMX, so I might have to ship that Friday, and I dunno if my V-10 will be here by then. But whatever the majority votes, that's where I'll be riding. And if I'm rockin' a V-10, I hear they're what we'd call "Downhill" bikes, so I'll probably want to do more down than up, example, the canyon. ;) So in the end I don't really care, I just wanna ride!
Now that you're part of the V10 Malitia you might want to think about getting a cheap trail/fr bike for those times that you don't wanna attempt to pedal a huge bike uphill. It might pedal well but the geometry sucks for going up. :p

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
snowskilz said:
def headin down that way sunday, mayb we can do the canyon shuttle?
The big shuttle is out--too much snow at the top I'm guessing. There are some lower elevation shuttle options though (all of which still involve climbing). I would only be able to do a ride in the canyon if we were to start fairly early (9:30?).

·
Registered
619 Posts
kristian, what kind of riding will it be then?

kristian said:
The big shuttle is out--too much snow at the top I'm guessing. There are some lower elevation shuttle options though (all of which still involve climbing). I would only be able to do a ride in the canyon if we were to start fairly early (9:30?).
I never participated in a shuttle excursion. what all will you be doing there?

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I'm probably gonna get a Flow or something, just some sort of a cheap hardtail to get me around when 17 inches of travel is too much... Off subject, but if anyone's got any recommendations for a cheap hardtail, lemme know!

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I might be able to, mothers day and all, I would be on a CC bike though, breaking down the Foes and building up the Turner tomm., the FXR will be reincarnated later into big squish mode.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
wildman said:
I never participated in a shuttle excursion. what all will you be doing there?
We're going to throw the bikes on the cars, drive up to a trailhead, sit there and play tiddlywinks and then drive back to get the other cars. What do you think we're going to be doing there?! We're going to ride!

There are two shuttle options--one being the obvious Jacks/Chutes Chuttle which would be about 750 feet of climbing and 1,750 feet of descending. The other option is about 1,750 feet of climbing and 2,000 feet of descending but it would link up two fun trails that would otherwise involve a lot of road riding.

I'm not sure exactly how much time I will have so the Jacks/Chutes option is probably what we would do, assuming there is enough interest to do a shuttle in the first place.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
kristian said:
We're going to throw the bikes on the cars, drive up to a trailhead, sit there and play tiddlywinks and then drive back to get the other cars. What do you think we're going to be doing there?! We're going to ride!

There are two shuttle options--one being the obvious Jacks/Chutes Chuttle which would be about 750 feet of climbing and 1,750 feet of descending. The other option is about 1,750 feet of climbing and 2,000 feet of descending but it would link up two fun trails that would otherwise involve a lot of road riding.

I'm not sure exactly how much time I will have so the Jacks/Chutes option is probably what we would do, assuming there is enough interest to do a shuttle in the first place.
shawn jdrum and i are in!

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
kristian said:
Huh? So you're saying the tiddlywinks is out for this shuttle? WTF??? If that's how it's gonna be, I can't make this one, but hopefully the next. I think this riding thing might be catching on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.