Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a local ride at Sadie Cr. OHV trails West of Port Angeles.

Looking across the Strait to Canada
canada.JPG
Bikes resting in the sun
resting.JPG
Looking SW towards Mt. Muller area
mtmuller.JPG
Bike resting again
bike.JPG
The End
the end.JPG

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow! I love it over there you must feel like to ride over there. Are there enough trails or do you end up riding the same one?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MTT said:
Are there enough trails or do you end up riding the same one?
Are there ever enough trails?? ;) Only been working a short time in PA, and my co-workers and other locals have been really great about showing me whats around the area to ride! The days we don't ride after work, and weather permitting I plan on riding the bus from Sequim to PA (only $1.00!) and riding back on the Olympic Discovery Trail. Wrenchmonkey and Co. keeps me busy with their Port Townsend area rides too. :thumbsup:

Saw your post about riding in Bend, so here's my .02

I like Tumalo State Park. Has great showers for washing the dust off, there is a pretty good Mexican Restaurant across Hwy 20 from the park, in Tumalo, and from the park, if you turn Right, then Left on the other side of the bridge, you can take that road to Shevlin Park Rd. to Shevlin Park, and connect with Mrazek and Phil's, or keep going and get on Skyliner's to Phil's Trailhead while staying out of Bend traffic. I plan on being there sometime after 8/15 and the snow to ride Flagline with a friend who lives in the area. Is it dusty? Last May a friend turned 50 and wanted to ride 50 Miles of Phil's, so here's a pic. Notice the clean spot on my leg, and the rest is...

phils dust.JPG

For comparison, here's some Peninsula dust from an after work ride at The Foothills trails behind PA:
foothills dust.JPG

:D

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Great pictures. I visited the area once to visit Victoria Island.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks yea I can't wait to get down to Bend. The more I hear about it the better it sounds. It will be nice to get on some faster trails for a change.

I asked about the trails around PA because many trails around Seattle are off limits to bikes. I imagine people out there are less up-tight about it, but I just thought I would get a feel for the area, before I make the trek out on the ferry..................MTT :drumroll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts