Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything happening? Haven't ridden at Skyline for a couple months or if interested I could always be talked into Rockville. Early is good.
Thoughts, ideas and input apprishkiated.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
I wish I could...

wg said:
Anything happening? Haven't ridden at Skyline for a couple months or if interested I could always be talked into Rockville. Early is good.
Thoughts, ideas and input apprishkiated.
I keep seing your notes on riding at Rockville and I keep getting the itch to ride Rockville again, haven't been there since the time Steve and I ran into you that one Sunday morning. (When you showed us the new lines) but, I'm stuck doing local rides (read Granite Bay) my wifes 38 weeks pregnant, so I gotta stay close to home in case I get "the call". Probably won't be riding out and about places till late fall. Glad to hear the goat experiment is done and we can ride all over again. Try Manzanita for me.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Aaron!
38 Weeks is getting mighty close. But (playing the evil instigator here)... ride while ya can. Grab a few hours now! You can blame me for being a bad influence. Once the hatchling invades your life, you're not going to be riding for some time. (Says the guy who's last weekend was wall to wall birthday parties)

Werner

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
I really wish I could...

wg said:
Hey Aaron!
38 Weeks is getting mighty close. But (playing the evil instigator here)... ride while ya can. Grab a few hours now! You can blame me for being a bad influence. Once the hatchling invades your life, you're not going to be riding for some time. (Says the guy who's last weekend was wall to wall birthday parties)

Werner
And I am VERY tempted, since we just got back from the Docs and she is doing fine but not started yet (I'll assume as I believe a two time Father you know what I mean by that).

But I would hate for the "The call" to come in and me be 50 minutes away. If I was close like you, no problemo!

Post where you do plan on riding Sunday, if you decide to go to the Rock, and she feels ok about it I'll try to go. Usually go early and leave by noon/1.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey...

I'm a Brit who just arrived in California two weeks ago. I'm definitely up for going riding on Sunday. So far I've been to Soquel Demo Forest and Skeggs... anywheres good for me as I want to try and ride as much as possible while I'm out here!

Let me know...

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Visiting or relocating? Either way, Rockville is a good place to check out. Lots of fun. Techy as you want it to be. Worth the drive.
Lets do Rockville. Earlier the better to get impending dads and existing dads (me) back to our families before lunch.
Do I hear 7:30AM? Lemme know.

Werner

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yikes! 7.30... well if you gotta be back, you gotta be back.

Where is Rockville and how do I get to it? I'm currently living on Saratoga Ave in San Jose. How long should I allow to drive?

I'm only over here for three months, I'll be heading back in November, so I'm trying to check out as many places as I can before then.

Cheers

Pete

·
Fart smeller
17,756 Posts
Mapquest sez...

...oh, wait- Mapquest can't talk.

Dunno how long it would take you from San Jose, but at that hour, there shouldn't be much traffic. Look on Mapquest.com for Rockville Rd., Fairfield, CA. Take the Green Valley Rd./Suisun Valley Rd. exit off 80. Go over the overpass, then turn left at the stop sign. Go about a mile to Rockville Rd., turn left. You'll do a few curves on R Rd. (1/2 mile?), then you'll see Rockville park on the left. (That red star on the map here is where you're going).

Jeez, Werner- 7:30??

fp (thinking about it...)

They have bathrooms there, yet?

Attachments

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey FP, how about 8 ya weenie? I'll bring you a post ride beverage. I've got a bunch of Corona and Miller left over from a party.(Not my choice). Had to allow it in the house because most of the folks don't like, umm, more substantial beers. (ick).
Or I may find something better buried in the fridge.

Peter, Go north take 280/680 and just follow it until it hits 80 and follow FP's instructions. Green Valley Rd./Suisun Valley Rd. exit off 80. Its the first off ramp so you don't even truely get onto 80. I'd guesstimate it'd take you about an hour or so. Come on up.

Werner

·
Fart smeller
17,756 Posts
Well...

wg said:
Hey FP, how about 8 ya weenie? I'll bring you a post ride beverage. I've got a bunch of Corona and Miller left over from a party.(Not my choice). Had to allow it in the house because most of the folks don't like, umm, more substantial beers. (ick).
Or I may find something better buried in the fridge.

Peter, Go north take 280/680 and just follow it until it hits 80 and follow FP's instructions. Green Valley Rd./Suisun Valley Rd. exit off 80. Its the first off ramp so you don't even truely get onto 80. I'd guesstimate it'd take you about an hour or so. Come on up.

Werner
We'll shoot for 7:30, but may be closer to 8. I'm bringing a friend who doesn't ride much, so you may not want to hang with us anyways. Lots of pics will be taken, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge.

fp

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Say no more! Say no more!
See ya at 8.

Werner

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
so where did you guys all decide on for sunday morning? i was away all week and am looking to go on a ride manana. also wondering whether i can keep up with the gang going....

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rockville
8am
Speed TBD.

·
Fart smeller
17,756 Posts
Huh?

cohenfive said:
so where did you guys all decide on for sunday morning? i was away all week and am looking to go on a ride manana. also wondering whether i can keep up with the gang going....
Which post in this thread doesn't have the word Rockville in it? Not many.

fp

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Finch Platte said:

fp
The Howell Mountain Race thread doesn't! :D

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Finch Platte said:

fp
I'll be at the Gold Lake (bottom of Elwell) at 8am on some day within the next year.

HTH.

p.s.. Blame it on the Drakes IPA in the kegerator.

·
Fart smeller
17,756 Posts
Congrats.

STrackMike said:
The Howell Mountain Race thread doesn't! :D
I'm confused.

fp

·
Fart smeller
17,756 Posts
Grrrrrr.

Pete said:
p.s.. Blame it on the Drakes IPA in the kegerator.
You'd better bring a growler manananana. I'll bring cups.

fp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts