Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's get off the Palmer Park thread and start a new one...

Like I mentioned in the other thread, there are two mini shuttles we could do. One (option A) is about 750 feet of climbing and the other (option B) is probably 1,750 feet of climbing. I have time for either if we meet at 9:30. I strongly suggest bringing a bike with a granny gear for the climbs--especially if we do option B.

Please post if you are coming. It would help to know:
1) number of people coming with you
2) number of people you can fit in your vehicle
3) number of bikes you can bring on/in your vehicle
4) preference of option A or option B

We will meet at Van Briggle Pottery at 9:30. Exit I-25 at Cimmaron and take a left on Cimmaron. Drive two miles to 21st Street and take a left. Van Briggle is large stone building on the Southwest corner of Cimmaron and 21st Street. Once we've grouped up at Van Briggle, we'll drive to the bottom trailhead where we'll stash some cars and then we'll drive to the upper trailhead.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I can't commit 100% yet, depends on work but:
option B for sure

1. 1
2. 3/4 depending on bikes
3. 3/4 depending on people
4. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Anyone wanna carpool from Denver? I got a Ford exploder, with two racks on top FWIW.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Kristian what time will the ride be over at? We're going to Denver for Mother's Day so I dunno if I'll be able to go.... here's my info anyways...

1. 1.
2. 4 w/seatbelts less depending on bikes
3. 1-4/5 depending on people
4. Indifferent

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Kristian what time will the ride be over at? We're going to Denver for Mother's Day so I dunno if I'll be able to go.... here's my info anyways...

1. 1.
2. 4 w/seatbelts less depending on bikes
3. 1-4/5 depending on people
4. Indifferent
I'm guessing maybe 3:00-3:30 or so. It's so hard to tell on a shuttle. What time are you going to Denver?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick. said:
I'm in too !
no, wait, no I'm not.

Are those trails rideable already? Is everything "up there" ready to go by this time in the Spring?

See ya soon.
Nope, we're just going to do the second half of the large shuttle. The large shuttle should be ridable very soon though. Any word on the job front? I'm counting on car pooling with you up to the resorts all summer so you better make it out here... :)

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Nobody wants to carpool???? You bastards....Yo Kristian, count me, fock work.
Hopefully I can find a warm body to share the ride/gas with.....

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kristian said:
I'm guessing maybe 3:00-3:30 or so. It's so hard to tell on a shuttle. What time are you going to Denver?
I think like 12....not too sure...

·
Yay! Bikes !
1,761 Posts
kristian said:
Nope, we're just going to do the second half of the large shuttle. The large shuttle should be ridable very soon though. Any word on the job front? I'm counting on car pooling with you up to the resorts all summer so you better make it out here... :)
Well, the first phone call went well. I should have a second in the next week. If all goes well (fingers crossed) I'm thinking move late May, start early June. I've already been looking at areas to live. Exciting stuff.

I can't even STAND the idea of being able to ride the resorts all Summer. I'm full-on singlespeeding XC racer this year man! :eek:

j/k ... bring on Old 9 and PBR me !!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
so what about the tiddlywinks then?

do we need to bring some?

:D

kristian, seriously, i never did a shuttle so i just wanted a little breifing. im assuming drive the bikes up and point them down. mostly DH and some pedaling? you mention climbing, but i guess that means some getting to hte start point or what.

im seriously considering coming, i think ill like it.

mike

btw, if i do, it'd be just me and i can carry 1 passenger adn 1 extra bike in my truck (bikes lying down, blanket available if necessary)

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
He means climbing 1700 feet up ON THE BIKE, that's not counting elevation gain with the cars. Fer sure...bring the bike with the grannies.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Oh I see what you mean now...I can't answer WHEN the climbing will be, but I'm betting we won't be doing a single 1700 foot climb, so some of the climbing will be in the middle is my guess.

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Wildman, I have and extra 34, but it probably won't work with your new chain length...:D

Definately interested in this ride...

1) 1
2) at least 5 total
3) 4-5 depending on the bike type
4) do not care...

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wildman said:
kristian, seriously, i never did a shuttle so i just wanted a little breifing. im assuming drive the bikes up and point them down. mostly DH and some pedaling? you mention climbing, but i guess that means some getting to hte start point or what.
I was totally being sarcastic in that post. We drive to the lower trailhead, park some cars, drive to the second trailhead, climb 1,250 feet (vertical) descend for a good bit, cross a creek a few times, climb 500 feet and then descend another good bit back to the lower trailhead. From there, some of us will drive back up and get the other cars.

I hope you can make it--you'll love the Nitrous on this run.

·
Registered
619 Posts
dass cool....

kristian said:
I was totally being sarcastic in that post. We drive to the lower trailhead, park some cars, drive to the second trailhead, climb 1,250 feet (vertical) descend for a good bit, cross a creek a few times, climb 500 feet and then descend another good bit back to the lower trailhead. From there, some of us will drive back up and get the other cars.

i know you were, mee too!

I hope you can make it--you'll love the Nitrous on this run.
i think im in for this one, so yea, count me in

again, can carry one passenger and both our bikes stacked neatly in the truck (blankets if necessary--sure, even though my new ride has hit the ground several times, i still put a little blankie down for it in the truck! HA! )

see you at the pottery barn! (van wiggle or whatever)

·
I do small drops.
215 Posts
I, my fellow riders, am out. I currently own no bikes with either a middle or granny gear, and since the general consensus is "Option B," I don't want to hike up 1750 feet. Oh well, you guys will have a helluva lot of fun up there. Bring some back for me!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.